contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are folks that have really bitchin smokers and really bitchin BBQs and can source wild yak from the south side of Peru.

My Wally world charcoal and dollar store hotdogs are not even good enough to be patronized.

Sorry I shouldn't bitch. I enjoy the TDs.

That crown will be mine someday. Most people don't really care if they win. Well I DO.

LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THE GRILL MASTERS

Rymerpt said:
There are folks that have really bitchin smokers and really bitchin BBQs and can source wild yak from the south side of Peru.

My Wally world charcoal and dollar store hotdogs are not even good enough to be patronized.

That crown will be mine someday. Most people don't really care if they win. Well I DO.

my Grilling skills don't compare to many of the people here, i don't have all the cool gadgets either, ( Man i miss that huge smoker :( )
and my photato skills are not very good either #drunkfilter, but i enjoy sharing my pics, and challenging myself with the competitions when i can. 
Don't get discouraged Ryme, you will get a crown eventually :)

:cheers:
GIP

Rymerpt said:

It all about how you use it baby  :dance:  :rofl:

That is all I have too, a  little charcoal barrel style grill i think i picked up at wallyworld for under a hundred. I have just learned how to use what i have well, "do a lot with a little". I am going to contend, so you really just give it a try bro it is the practice that makes us better, learning our grills little sweet spots. hell i could grill over a camp fire and still compete so hop on board!  :party:

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure." ~Mark Twain

Rhyme, you want some cheese with that whine? HAHA Just ribbing you brother.
We had a $5 TD once and it was pretty amazing, the creativity that went into those dishes. It's never a matter of gadgets and ingredients. It's about, fun, creativity and heart. You're a pretty creative guy, you just need to tap that sheeit. Read through some of those Entries, it may inspire you.

"Begin" (5 pages)
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/23722-begin-five-dollar-feast/

"Vote" (3 pages)
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/23775-vote-five-dollar-feast/

Student of Spice said:
i could grill over a camp fire and still compete so hop on board!
It has been done. Dude won a TD with a seafood pizza on a campfire! All he had was a refrigerator shelf for a grill/rack!

That  works out pretty sweet this year, Canada Day on the Friday and 4th of July on the Monday.   The outdoor cooking part is pretty much guaranteed most days that weekend for me, now the challenge is to make myself document it.  Not sure what exactly I will be doing but might be time to give the cast iron waffler some bacon grease loving. 

01x9b5j.jpg

Rymerpt said:
My outdoor cooking skills SUCK

I'm sittin this one out

It's not a BBQ challenge. Would be interesting to see a whole meal cooked outdoors and it was not BBQ. On a grill you can still use pots and pans, baking steels or stones, etc. Just adapt, your indoor skills are good, bring them to the outdoors. Think of food you want to eat on the 4th and challenge yourself to cook it outdoors. Even if it is BBQ.

grantmichaels said:
D3's won four TD's on what I seem to recall being a pretty tight budget over a lot of that time ...

I was unemployed for my first TD... also my first crown. 
The Hot Pepper said:

It's not a BBQ challenge. Would be interesting to see a whole meal cooked outdoors and it was not BBQ. On a grill you can still use pots and pans, baking steels or stones, etc. Just adapt, your indoor skills are good, bring them to the outdoors. Think of food you want to eat on the 4th and challenge yourself to cook it outdoors. Even if it is BBQ.

lol plug a crockpot in outside 

^
lol there will be requirements, something like "Cooking vessels and appliances must be specifically designed for outdoor cooking." All grills and smokers, even electric, turkey fryers, flattops, wood ovens, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back