Hangover Cures
Bread Bowl
Noodle
Chopped
Caribbean
Burger
July 4-on-a-plate (next)

Great year so far!
Here's a next-5 brainstorm (not in any order but think summer/fall).

Mexican - Always a damn debate on what Mexican is, Tex-Mex, etc. Just say "Mexican" and do your thing, imo. Or could be Tacos. That allows tacos to be Korean etc. but the dishes are easily comparable.

Seafood/Seafood Sandwich - Sandwich was real fun. Po boys, fish n chips, ethnic variations etc. Easily comparable, as "Seafood" is very broad. Or some other way to do seafood and keep it focused. Fried? Etc.

Chinese - We've never done Chinese and there are some real great spicy dishes. Asian is too broad and we've done curry and noodle, thinking a go a Chinese would be a great one. It would be interesting to see people research authentic spicy fare but also prepare American classics like General Tso's!

One-Pot or Soup/Stew, or Soup/Sandwich for Nov?

Pizza - Year ender?

Cajun, Comfort, and Thai (or SE Asian) could also be good.

These are just thoughts. I mentioned a lot of the popular ones I think Chinese is the only one we haven't done (and Thai).

Other than thinking the sammie kind of dilutes the one-pot one, they all sound good to me, with the Thai being the least interesting ...

A vegetarian and/or cheese(/bechamel/mascarpone/cottage/creamed) TD always sound like one's that could be interesting ...

Cheese sounds great. I'm also excited about Chinese. I favor that over Thai not by food just by TDs we've done, and Thai means seeing 10 bowls of curry lol. Chinese has so many possibilities.

Soup/Sandwich would be instead of One-Pot I meant. Just thinking of a soup/stew type one for fall. If we do Seafood Sandwich we will not do Soup/Sandwich.

I think we should do seafood but think of a way to make it not just "Seafood". That's like "Land Food". Hmmm it could be Surf & Turf.

Pizza needs to happen.

I was excited re: the Chinese too, even though I didn't mention it specifically.

Pizza's always going to be a good one, like the burger TD ...

The cool thing about one-pot being just the one thing, is that you have to try to think through to the presentation of your creation, which is an interesting challenge ...

The seafood one could almost be smashed together with the Cajun one, or fall under it - probably ...

Maybe find out which month the mudbugs are happening ... I feel like Phil's done that during football season in the Fall, perhaps? ...

Jay likes the Cajun one. And hot stuff needs a crown dammit. LOL.

No Oktoberfest this year cuz the Nov date is too late officially. But we have some good options anyway.

How do you define one pot exactly anyway? Can you cook rice and beans or noodles on the side to put the meal on top of? Or is it strictly one pot? These are the things I hate lol. And if you sear the meat first it is one pot?

I think so too.

I want to KISS, and even though that sounds simple, it is the opposite! lol

The Hot Pepper said:
Jay likes the Cajun one. And hot stuff needs a crown dammit. LOL.

No Oktoberfest this year cuz the Nov date is too late officially. But we have some good options anyway.

How do you define one pot exactly anyway? Can you cook rice and beans or noodles on the side to put the meal on top of? Or is it strictly one pot? These are the things I hate lol. And if you sear the meat first it is one pot?

You get one pot to do it ... you can run things through in stages, but everything has to be cooked using a single pot ...

There's a lot of this IRL ... Dutch/French ovens, wok's, single frying pan ...

Lots of strategy involved in getting a nice looking presentation of a full plate out of one pot, and really, I think a lot of us try to do this on a lot of night's of the year ...

But I don't want to come across like I'm championing it, because I don't care that much ... but if you do one pot, you fucking use one fucking pot, LOL ...
Ozzy2001 said:
I like those ideas. Love Cajun/creole. Chinese sounds great. Soup/sammich would be great for a hearty meal when the temperatures drop.
I'd like to see a breakfast TD at some point too.

Breakfast for dinner is a real treat on occasion, too!

grantmichaels said:
But I don't want to come across like I'm championing it, because I don't care that much ... but if you do one pot, you fucking use one fucking pot, LOL ...

I guess so. So the idea is you only dirty one pot, not that you slow cook a meal like chili or stew?

The "challenge" ones often get too complicated and muddy.

That could fall under Cheese. Speaking of... we could have a breakfast and dinner category for cheese, even dessert (cheese cake being obvious lol).

very_interesting.jpg

Grant's idea of Cheese could really work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back