contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoville DeVille said:
It was a joke because years ago I asked for a crock-pot Gumbo recipe in a Status update. I have never lived it down. :lol:

Haha I forgot that one, up there with oil blackening and warmed tortillas. LOL.

grantmichaels said:
One of my fav pics on the forum is from Sum, the stacked DO's ...

Or frydad cooking meat ON the coals... no vessel needed.

This could be an interesting TD.  I think we will see some pretty interesting/out of the box stuff.  To just throw 4 proteins on a grill or smoker will probably be pretty common.   

grantmichaels said:
"Common" done well fares really fucking well here.

If it is really done well, like, perfect yeah. Like ribs you can't deny, like when booma posts em. I made some statement before how thinking outside the box does not work for everyone, usually those people that post the killer common grub.
EDIT: Jinx, you owe me a Coke.

You have to already have the time-served to be able to nail common stuff, or if not, you have to do a lot of research and then really focus like a mofo at cook-time ...

If you go the other way, and go for the creative victory, then you have to either practice or do A LOT of research, else you are likely to fall short ...

In both cases, if you can't capture and present it in a way that's appealing, you are at a definite disadvantage ... but in this case, sunlight is your friend, and golden light your BFF (and it's free) ...

Without putting in the time, one way or another, you are rolling the dice no matter how you slice it ...

I usually stack everything against me, mostly because I'm broken and I rather enjoy trying to tackle personal challenges more than I enjoy competing with other people ...

I usually will cook some weird shit, or cook some normal shit some weird way, almost always something that I've never even cooked before, more often than not - at night, and then I'll go ahead and argue with people who don't get it!

#notawinningstrategy #dontdothat

wtfgrandma.jpg

grantmichaels said:
I usually stack everything against me, mostly because I'm broken ...

...and then I'll go ahead and argue with people who don't get it!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Didn't you also win a crown for sous vide ribs?

doodoocrown.jpg

I kid

lol

You know, there have been a number of TD's where I spent at least a few minutes laughing hilariously at myself. The sausage "Venus" bust.... setting the hotdog on fire.... Jury-rigging my plug-in outdoor grill to use charcoal to open the lid and have the pizza stone split and fly out in opposite directions....

Those are the TD's I love the most - who cares for a crown when you have the gold of laughter?  :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back