contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoville DeVille said:
Octoberfest in Munich is from September 17th to October 3rd. FWIW FYI

Oh yes sorry I was looking at the Nov calendar by mistake. I knew it lapsed a month, duh, was thinking it was Oct/Nov, but it is Sept/Oct. In this case it does happen on TD weekend.

Anything with sausage gets complicated lol. And cooking with beer is boring, beer batter? I could skip it altogether... :)

Pizza
Chinese
Cheese
Cajun/Creole

...seem to be popular. Cajun not only takes care of seafood but also sausage, so maybe that's the Oktoberfest replacement. (stews too)

Throw in a taco or Mexican variant and we may have it.

The Hot Pepper said:
Grant's idea of Cheese could really work.

I really like the cheese one because I really want to try to make some paneer or moz etc ... and it's the one that hasn't happened yet, that really seems like it could be a goodie ...

Also, grilled cheese can be taken to the extreme ... and then there's fondue ... and there's dessert cheese ... and cheese pairings ...

Fuck yeah, cheese!

Damm strate! That's a great list!

The 1st of October is a Saturday. ??? But to be honest, as much as I love German food, it doesn't make for that exciting of a TD IMO. Schnitzel, Schabentopf, Leberkäse and Knockwurst are some of my favorite German foods but none of them photograph well. IMO

Cheese? Bring it! An all out, anything goes cheese battle? Holy hell. With these folks here on THP that would literally be epic!

I'm all about Mexican and/or tacos!

I have vowed to never say a thing about how shameful it is to use steamed tortillas. Or worse yet, straight out of the package. I won't ever bring up the fact that burnt tortillas not only look better for pictures but, taste better too. And that they get sturdier for hand held scoopage, tacos or fajitas. I wont ever bring up the fact that God herself put Comals on the planet so that tortillas get just as much love as what you put on them.

So no worries. :lol: :D :rofl:

If we do a Cheese TD with 3-polls, do we say no pizza? Or assume people would post some pretty good pizzas and call off the Pizza TD and have it a couple months into '17? lol. Decisions...

Cheese could be a good year ender. 3 polls makes it pretty epic.

The Hot Pepper said:
If we do a Cheese TD with 3-polls, do we say no pizza? Or assume people would post some pretty good pizzas and call off the Pizza TD and have it a couple months into '17? lol. Decisions...

Cheese could be a good year ender. 3 polls makes it pretty epic.
Ya killing me. Cheese sounds great, and pizza is a favorite of mine. I will be in Florida for the December TD.

Maybe I can go cook at Grant's

The Hot Pepper said:
I haven't seen PIC 1, Bum, or Essegi post in a TD in forever and they made the pizza TDs special for me.

Let's hold JayT against the PIC1 standard (bonus, they have Jerk history), tctenten against FB's (student becomes the master?), and D3 against Essegi's since a) he likes to work hard, and b) he uses a likeness of true heat ...

BWAHAHA ...

I don't want to be held to anyone's standard, but if I had to, I could try to pull my shit together for a bierz ...

* This is a joke.

tctenten said:
Hmmm....can you whip me up some black mozz?

But of course ... it'll be HUUUUGE!

grantmichaels said:
* This is a joke.

I should have posted that in my last post. "This is a joke people!" LOL

My opinion is that pizza should be it's own TD. It's hard to vote for broad entries when there is Mac-n-Cheese, Pizza and Cheese soup. Cheese will be broad enough and pizza is a special TD on it's own. 

My 2¢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back