contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, I think if people know there is a pizza TD in the future, they would wait. But on the other hand, if people want to make a pizza in a cheese TD, let them have at it. Whatever showcases the cheese the best is what I will vote on. I won't vote for a pizza in a cheese TD because it has a killer crust. knowhatImean?

Sure! Why not?! Pizza has its own TD, and half (okay, maybe more than ½) of the point of the TD is the "creativity factor", so certainly folks can come up with more cheezy creations if pizza is excluded. Right?

Proposed schedule

Aug - Mexican (Tacos, puerco pibil, fish, whatever! Grilling season, Corona drinking weather.)
Sept - Pizza (Let's have the pizza TD when you can still grill a pizza if you want, and far enough away from Cheese!)
Oct (or Nov?) - Cajun/Creole (2 polls, one for sandwich, one for entree. You can participate in only 1, or both. This should satisfy the soup/sandwich crowd with po boy and gumbo etc.)
Nov (or Oct?) - Chinese (Traditional or American Chinese favorites.)
Dec - Cheese (Showcase cheese*, 3 polls; Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, must participate in at least 2. Great cold weather food, comfort it up with oozing cheese. "Dinner" can include typical lunch items of course. Epic TD to end the year. And of course you can PIZZA it.
*Cheese does not have to be homemade but of course you can make the cheese! If you do, you better showcase it in a meal because it's not about voting for a mozzarella ball. But props to all the cheese makers. However this would be about showcasing dishes that call for cheese and getting those cheese pull shots, waterfalls, etc.

Thoughts?

Dang it, I was trying to get all caught up on everything, and wanting to suggest (or maybe it was suggested but I missed it)...

SEAFOOD SOUP AND SAMMY!  pretty self explanatory from here~ seafood in both....

EDIT

guess that would be instead of the Creole/Cajun, which has been done.

Liking Mexican, Chinese, cheese-

cross posting- there's a whole lot of soup and Sammy combos that would work with seafood that aren't Cajun-ish.  OK- late to the table of suggestions,  :)

Work it into July, all off the grill, do your seafood sammie and soup and 2 more things. ;)

Cajun/Creole sounds like a better one to me than specifically seafood soup and seafood sandwich. With C/C you have all kinds of sausages and roast beef, etc, all kinds of flavors, not seafood/seafood. Also the cuisine is specifically known for sammies and soups/stews so anyone could easily do that combo if they wish, or anything C/C.

The handful of times we did it, it was very popular. Time to revisit.

PS. Clam chowder and tuna fish salad sammie just sounds :sick: :lol:

salsalady said:
OK- late to the table of suggestions,  :)

Nah it's still early.

Chinese or a general Asian. Anything from Vietnamese to Japan, and everything in between. It would be nice to see something out of most people's norm. A lot of Asian, is like Indian. It's all in the order, of the ingredients used. Most the time you can't just throw it all in a pot and get a signature dish.

Great idea!

OCD Chilehead said:
A lot of Asian, is like Indian.

Maybe that's because Indian is Asian :lol:

Asian is too broad we've been through this one before. Half of Russia is in Asia, India, Middle East, etc. etc. too hard geographically/culturally.

Asian always needs to be narrowed.

Chinese is going to happen. :D

Chile Juju said:
Sure! Why not?! Pizza has its own TD, and half (okay, maybe more than ½) of the point of the TD is the "creativity factor", so certainly folks can come up with more cheezy creations if pizza is excluded. Right?

Id like to see a cheesy pizza with a cheese crust. Hell make it out of those biscuts from red lobster. CHEESEY YUM :)
For that matter with food coloring and creativity the whole pizza could be cheese. The pepperoni and all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back