contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hot stuff said:
Other than poboys, muffalatas and gumbo (of which there is a huge variety) There isn't much on soups and sandwiches in Cajun/Creole cooking.
I could be wrong, but I don't see this as a "make an exact replica of a Cajun/Creole dish and add heat/more heat" TD. (Actually, I don't see any TD's that way, as I don't see life that way in general.) To me, it's about the flavors - take Cajun/Creole flavors and make something (anything) with it. Red beans and rice could be made into a soup, for example, with other things in it. 

grantmichaels said:
I'll not have my shit for the TD until Fri/Sat, so no practice runs ...
The only times I've practiced for a TD are when I'm not sure if something will come together the way I envision it. Like the sausage "Venus" bust - how was it going to turn out after cooking it? Was boiling or roasting the best option for that thing? For that matter, it was actually stuffed (in and out) peppers, so how was it going to hold up/hold together? On the other hand, setting the hot dog on fire was "practiced" at live time - I just made a whole bunch of hot dogs that day. But if the food is really "just food" (no doing something "extra" with it), then no practice. You have a couple crowns already, just go for it and have fun!

i'll be making a cold salad i've never made, a bread i've never made, cooking on a grill i've never used, fueled by a wood i've never used either, and trying to time up the 4x items at once ...

for me, that's a bit nerve-wracking ...

grantmichaels said:
for me, that's a bit nerve-wracking ...

millionaire1.jpg

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

hot stuff said:
Other than poboys, muffalatas and gumbo (of which there is a huge variety) There isn't much on soups and sandwiches in Cajun/Creole cooking.
I know, it's not going to be Cajun soup and sandwich, you can make any Cajun or Creole entree. It's just easier to have a sandwich poll so the entrees and sandwiches don't have to compete. And yeah by sandwich I pretty much mean po boy but that's okay! And yeah muffaletta is another great one. Figured two polls, we'd see lots of cool stuff, the voting would be easier, and those wanting to do soup and sandwich would be satisfied though limited, agreed. It's more about the Cajun Creole aspect of it not soup sandwich, that could be a good one too but this is instead, for now. Maybe in 2017, as C/C looks to be generally more popular. I think you would agree? lol

Hot pepper ingredient on all 4? Just want to figure out how to add on some of the things I want to do without making everything spicy. I don't want to make 2 versions of everything so the kids can eat lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back