food Top This Sandwich! A sandwich posting game

cypresshill1973 said:
Today I make an sandwich with loin slices, green tomato, onion letuce, chesse, and green spice sauce. Here named churrasco de lomo, i dont know if exist traduction at inglish. it is a thinly sliced loin beef. but cut along the fibers of the meat.

Nice!

What does lomo mean? I've seen it mean pork tenderloin and also sirloin beef strips (lomo saltado). Cheers!
SmokenFire said:
Me too.  I get them.  Herbs.  ;D

:high:

the loin is the meat behind bone in the rib eye. Rib eye with loin both is the T-Bone. and
Here you can buy lomo for separate. This meat the best for eat in sandwiches. very tender and tasty.

It is a strip long and thin

1189A_beefloin_steak.png

EDIT: in pork is tenderloin, in beef same part is

cypresshill1973 said:
Chicken sandwich...
Wow, just wow!

Double bruschetta sandwich.
Tested my new press (old one broke), quite satisfied since seems a bit more powerful and better to melt (it's a bit harder to cook bread but turning some times will do).
Grilled bread and rubbed garlic.
1st floor with homemade passata, cheese dip, jalapeno rounds (holy heaven, i've found a place where they are sold! Not the best i've had but maybe hotter than others), asiago.
2nd floor with homemade passata, salame, cheeese dip, mushrooms, asiago.
Garnished with some "Texas bbq flavored" tortillas (whatever that means that stuff has a really nice onion flavour) and a bomba pugliese sauce:

ivQD8sjXTAVsB.jpg

ivMIlFAlHyek9.jpg

ibass3ufOVeQ80.jpg

cypresshill1973 said:
the loin is the meat behind bone in the rib eye. Rib eye with loin both is the T-Bone. and
Here you can buy lomo for separate. This meat the best for eat in sandwiches. very tender and tasty.

It is a strip long and thin

1189A_beefloin_steak.png

EDIT: in pork is tenderloin, in beef same part is
Same with deer :) 
Some great last few sandwich posts! Awesome job guys.  :dance:

Fried chicken and waffle sandwich-

My legendary buttermilk sourdough waffles with 12 hour ferment

Boned out a chicken breast and did a buttermilk/rosemary brine, then dredged in flour mix and fried in DO

Thick cut local bacon

then something I like to call my tropical heatwave maple cream.  I took some mascarpone and mixed with real maple syrup and some yellow 7 and bahamian goat powder.   :hot:

20150223_183931_zpszcvk0nne.jpg

20150223_183925_zpsvazveppc.jpg

20150223_184046_zpsuckltpj3.jpg

20150223_184405_zpsls8wrdsh.jpg

:clap:

FreeportBum said:
then something I like to call my tropical heatwave maple cream.  I took some mascarpone and mixed with real maple syrup and some yellow 7 and bahamian goat powder.   :hot:

Standing ovation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grantmichaels said:
You win today.

I'm also a huge fan of spiced-up syrup ... JHP's Chocolate Caribbean or whatever is perfect w/ syrup ...

Tell us about fermented waffle batter, though ... am not in the know ...

I am not in the know either.  So please do.
The Hot Pepper said:
Oh hell! I'll move it LOL!

Leave it alone.  Or are you going to DIPSEY in honor of Scobie.
I guess we have our answer now don't we folks?

I think Pookie hijacked this thread and covered his tracks.  We need to be giving fanfare to that amazing creation by FPB.  I want to try that for so many reasons.  Mostly the sauce.  The whole thing speaks to me though.  I gotta have some more details on this.

Back