food Top This Sandwich! A sandwich posting game

No one noticed he forgot the spicy.. or at least to mention it.

I gotta have my saus & pep with a good red hot sauce...

That thing is so spectacular, it makes ya forgit.

Sausage mix was duck legs (drum with thigh) with some of the fat and skin, split chicken breasts, fresh garlic, thyme,rosemary,sautéed shallots, minced lemon peel, smoked hot paprika, cayenne,kosher salt, and a splash of red wine.

Bread was my regular hamburger bun recipe with some sourdough, garlic/onion powder and a pinch of herbs de Provence

Thanks for the love folks, it was really good.

i hope my burger's worthy of this motherfucker ...
CBjd1lOUIAIU8If.jpg

Slow cooked Mexican pulled pork with roasted red salsa on Bolillos.

Pork:
Boneless pork (cubed)
Pork belly (smoked)
Mustard seeds
Cumin
Epazote leaves
Bay leaves
Mexican oregano
Salt
Freshly squeezed juice of an orange
Onion
Garlic

Roasted red salsa:
Tomatoes
Cider vinegar
Salt
Smoked lemon drop peppers
Onion
Garlic
Guajillo peppers

Garnished with avocado and queso fresco.

DSC_0765.JPG

DSC_0768.JPG

DSC_0770.JPG

On bolillo bread, the true torta bread, nice!

Buddy the bottom was all covered in juiceinessessext

but too much bread on top.

How in the hell did you pick that 'thang up?

I woulda' knifed n' forked it.

But that's just me.

I reckon I'll catch hell now for posting that I said so.

Ok, so BLT's to me are just boring. The only exciting thing is the bacon, and now I can only eat benton's bacon so it makes it that much harder to enjoy. First off, lettuce? yea it adds crunch but who cares, it offers nothing. You already get some crunch from the toasted bread. For me, I'm not the biggest fan of tomatoes unless I grow them myself. With that being said, the only raw tomatoes I really enjoy are cherrys of different colors. It's a textural thing I think. BUT, I have created something better and more exciting. Cooked a slice of bacon cut in two to fit the tiny toast, but the bacon isn't crunchy because Benton doesn't like it cooked that way (gets too salty). Luckily, the toast offers the "crunch". Add a fried egg cooked in bacon fat, some avocado and pex's hornet bomb infused mayo and BAM (Bacon, Avocado, Mayo) + egg lol. 

Doesn't look like much, but boy were the flavors there. Sorry about the story, i'm slightly obsessed with describing my food. 

20150415_105756.jpg

Back