US seed trading parcel

Well, it stopped my car (or at least it got stuck in a snow drift right in front of the post office), but I managed to hand the package to a postal employee, so assuming they can get out after the snowplows clear the road, it should be on its way to Minnesota.

You are correct. After Zander sent out the replacement package to Pepperfever, the original arrived. Pepperfever said she had sent the replacement package to me, so Zander sent me the original and I was to combine them and send on to hixs. Turns out pepperfever had not actually sent the replacement package, and she wanted to see the original package, so I sent it to her. Now she will combine them, send it back to me, then on to hixs. Confused? I can certainly understand. :confused:

Well the original package came up MIA, Then Zanderspice made a new one and shipped it out, Then the original magically turned up. So now my assumption is they are trying to make sure that everyone after Zander gets both packages before shipping it along.

The seed package arrived today so I will put the extra seeds in it plus my seeds. It will return to KS either tomorrow or Monday. Very nice selection in the package too.

The package arrived in Kansas tonight, and is headed to hixs tomorrow. Lots of great seeds in there! You might want to have some seed packets and a sharpie ready, because a lot of the seeds are bulk packaged and not individually packaged. Thanks to all the participants for some great seeds.

Yes on bulk packaging. I was going to fix that but Walmart has no small baggies or coin envelopes. I had to resort to buying the huge ones, going to try cutting them in half and sealing them with the food saver. That might work. This after the second Walmart I tried. Wondered what they thought we were putting in the smaller ones? If that fails then cut them in half and tape the tops with mailing tape. Guess it's about time to find an online source of baggies for seeds since Walmart doesn't seem to have them in stock.

Yes on bulk packaging. I was going to fix that but Walmart has no small baggies or coin envelopes. I had to resort to buying the huge ones, going to try cutting them in half and sealing them with the food saver. That might work. This after the second Walmart I tried. Wondered what they thought we were putting in the smaller ones? If that fails then cut them in half and tape the tops with mailing tape. Guess it's about time to find an online source of baggies for seeds since Walmart doesn't seem to have them in stock.

I got some for us at Michaels. Joanne fabrics should have them as well,or any other arts & crafts store that sells jewelry beads.

Really, my Wally World has plenty of them in the crafts section. Perhaps there's a larger drug population there, but we are the Meth state of the country.

Walmart up here usually has the smaller bags. To get to Joann's or Michael's is over an hour's drive, one of the facts of life when you live in rural small town Minnesota.

Pepperfever, I sympathize with you and understand your situation. I live in Vermont so I know how it can be tricky to find something in small rural area. I love to pick on my husband ( SuperHot), who is born Vermonter, how we are modern hillbillies. For us is much easier to find Maple Syrup than small bubble mailers for safe mailing of pepper seeds. :lol:

Back