• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

previous: Joy Division - Love will tear us apart
now: Chris Cornell - You know my name
next: Raconteurs - Steady, as she goes

chilehunter said:
oh wow, you give me hope :cool: because I do use windows media player. if it can be done I'd delete all my analog music & reinstall it.

when I transfer music from CD to computer I just put CD in & click burn/rip :oops: & call it good. (these are analog recordings on a CD not tapes/vinyl)

so what your saying is change the visualizations to the frequency bars before copying the CD to test/listen to the sound first. & make sure they dont go over 3/4 way up.

how do you change the bars up/down if needed ?
do you need to listen to the whole album before copying it ?
will those bars stay set once set when you click burn/rip (copy) ?

all I can say is thank you, & I appreciate this info. because I've tended to not listen to some of my favorites because of this reason but now you give me hope for fixing this problem. you the man :cool:

Hmmmm.... you may be screwed. I haven't messed with WMP-10 all that much, but in the older versions, there was a level setting in the menu. Something like "Edit"..."Preferences"..."Import Level" and you could adjust it from there. I just looked at my WMP and there's nothing at the top like there used to be. Now, on the EQ settings there is a level option, but it seems to be for playback only. Let me do some more digging around in there.

When you said "analog" I was thinking direct from tape or vinyl.

Try DCex - it's Freeware and the results are good. http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

# Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
# Indicates track progress and jitter control
# Normalization of audio signal

Of course, the results can only sound as good as the CD. Make sure you choose a birate of 192 kbps or higher!!! If the CDs themelsves don't sound as good as the vinyl, thats probably because they aren't vinyl and may not have been remastered for a CD release. Vinyl and CDs require different kinds of mastering.

Harel Moyal - Lo Mekirim Otha/(They) don't know you

It's not a singer I usualy listen to and I do kinda dislike him, but I like this song.
This guy is one of those instant stars. he was on an Israeli show very similar to American Idol and won.
Anyway this song is about how people tell him what to sing, write and how none of them knows him. very catchy. ;)

Here's the video clip:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_eFHTMDXZ8

Always cool to hear new stuff. I'll check that out...

Hey Omri, you look really sad on your new pic!!!

previous: Silversun Pickuops - Well thought out twinkles
now: Kate Nash - Foundations
next: Nemo - Rpt2fade

Chiliac said:
Hey Omri, you look really sad on your new pic!!!
Yeah you do Omri, you need to look all smug like you did on your last one. I know I look moody and pouting but please don't look unhappy. Pssst, I'll cheer you up.

I've got songs from my band's set list running through my head (we played last night). Right now the song that's still burning my brain is: Talking Heads - Burnin' Down The House.

Somebody...PLEASE STOP IT!!!!!!!

rainbowberry said:
Yeah you do Omri, you need to look all smug like you did on your last one. I know I look moody and pouting but please don't look unhappy. Pssst, I'll cheer you up.
OK I'll take a new picture, but just for you. ;)

Back