• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

The last several meals on this thread have all been absolutely AMAZING!!!

Well done.

Especially all the wingeys! Keep em coming!

Ya, El Yucateco is awsome.

X3

Love that stuff. Their Green is my fav (I'm not a superhot kinda guy and the Orange is delicious but F-n HOT!) but also LOVE their Chipotle - I think it's one of, if not the best Chipotle on the market. It doesn't have that overpowering "adobo sauce" flavor most commercial Chipotle sauces have, and it has a really nice heat level.

That all said, during the 2nd round of the playoffs for the Niners/Saints game I BBQ'd about 10 lbs of tri-tip. I marinated it in a savory "santa maria" style sauce, and then just before cooking I poured Knepper's Peppers Habermelon all over 2 of them. It was heavenly - the sauce infused instantly and gave it a really nice sear of heat. The outside cooked up with a nice 5-10 min burn - and being cooked in mellowed it to the point that even the heat-averse (see: wussies) enjoyed a piece or two. Flavor was off the hook - 10/10. the middle one is mild, the ones on the edges were the santa maria/Habermelon. Cooked perfectly rare, it was fantastic. Yum.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65304453@N00/6843478637

But the actual "last spicy thing I cooked" was this batch of Jalapeno/Habanero/Serrano (and Garlic indirect heat in the Webber) for my "NFC Championship Game" batch of hot sauce, given to all those in attendance:
http://www.flickr.co...@N00/6843477921

From which these came:
http://www.flickr.co...@N00/6843523699

To help make this:
http://www.flickr.co...@N00/6843534117

:dance: :woohoo: :dance:

Quick throw together to try out some of my new goodies. Red Hawk's Grounds for Divorce XXX Hot and Defcon's Habby Horse on some breaded chicken. Both turned out great!

The Habby Horse is hands down one of my favorite things ever. I've told sooooo many people about that.

26c42575.jpg

More yummy chicken! And what makes EVERYTHING better? Bacon!!!!! One topped with Texas Creek Ghost Fire, the other with Red Hawk XXX Hot Grounds for Divorce. Three cheese raviolli, baby peas, and green beans all generously topped with AjiJoes "special mixed Hab flakes", which taste hotter than JUST habs to me =)

1IMAG1432.jpg

Last night was two Nathan's hot dogs on a flour tortilla with
Mexican blend cheese, Italian blend salad greens, caramelized
onions and peppers and a healthy smathering of Melinda's Hab-
anero XXXXtra Reserve Hot Sauce.

I'm definitely going to have to do some breaded chicken patties
a la woody3. It's been a while...

Smoked sausage stuffed with Indian Carbons and grilled to perfection. More photos to come when they're done!
100_3123.jpg

A chocolate chip/walnut cookie from the best place on earth.
100_3124.jpg

Rain or shine, the grill never sleeps long with me around. MmmmMmmm good!
Edit: Don't mind that overturned chair in the back yard..it has been that way since New Years night, lol
100_3125.jpg

I feel so sad that I'm not posting this in The Drunken Chef. :'( I feel like I'm no longer in the cool kid club.

My first oven brisket. (No smoker here in Boston. Sad times)

I kept it simple. Salt and peppered the brisket thoroughly and the sauce was just BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, habanero powder, liquid smoke, celery seed, some onion.

Now I'm going to start baking some jalapeno bread and hopefully I'll have some pretty awesome brisket sandwiches. UPDATES IN ABOUT 7-8 HOURS!

Sorry for terribad cellphone photo.

glHQ6.jpg

Aww yeah. Jalapeno/Habanero Cheddar bread going into the oven. Bad cellphone pics again. :(

Kinda pumped. First decent meal I've made myself in a while since I FINALLY stopped feeling so nauseated.

BRISKET SANDWICHES WILL BE MINE SOON!

F5Qe4.jpg

Nothing crazy, just some steak tacos with my 3 pepper death salsa.
first took the steak slices on a tortilla and put an unhealthy amount of salsa on them.
264155_912360465357_20603568_41521530_6731572_n.jpg

then topped it off with pepper jack, cilantro, lime, and the wife did sour cream.
281792_912359751787_20603568_41521528_1766589_n.jpg

Oops. Forgot to take a photo of the actual finished sandwich. I'll surely make another one today, though. But might just switch it up to some brisket tacos instead. We'll see.

Sliced brisket, back in the sauce, and the bread. Cellphone pics again because I'm lazy.

LQdd4.jpg
VDQzM.jpg
yVjIH.jpg

Nothing crazy, just some steak tacos with my 3 pepper death salsa.
first took the steak slices on a tortilla and put an unhealthy amount of salsa on them.
264155_912360465357_20603568_41521530_6731572_n.jpg

then topped it off with pepper jack, cilantro, lime, and the wife did sour cream.

That looks mighty tasty. "3 Pepper Death Salsa" :eek: Awesome!!!!

Here it is in sandwich form. Topped with some Munster cheese and I used a generous dose SalsaLady's Hot BBQ sauce on one slice of bread. Had to make sure it stayed on, you know.

yhE1t.jpg

Back