• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

I use no flour when I fry catfish, as I prefer it without. Red is a not-so-well-ground bit o' pepper powder. Used cayenne, aji panca, and fatalii. Also sea salt, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro, allspice, thyme, cumin, paprika..... can't remember if anything else. I kind of just get happy in my spice cabinet when I start seasoning things.

Greetings from Afghanistan!

We had lobster again today in the DFAC.....and as bad as it sounds.....I'm a little bored of just eating it straight out of the shell. SO.....after looking around at potential ingredients....I decided to make a lobster roll:

Lobster tails, onion, celery, mayo, S&P, and Texas Pete:

Cutting things up with a plastic knife is like driving a sports car with mittens on:

Mix all the ingredients together.....

.....and TADA!!!!

I must say.....given the circumstances, it was pretty damned good!

Simple tacos but today's ring sting says much different!

64035_10151622627463509_77319510_n.jpg

muskymojo said:
Nicely done sir! That looks damn good!
Agreed, that is one fine looking dessert lobster sandwich! 

So let me get this straight, you have lobsters in Afganistan?  That looked great.  You could take half that celery and throw it on the ground, but otherwise, great.

JayT said:
So let me get this straight, you have lobsters in Afganistan? 

Sure do.........more times a week than I'd admit. They even have the drawn butter and fresh lemon slices. AND it's better cooked than the crapola you get at the Dead Lobster.  After a while, you just have to either pass over it and choose something else OR get creative with it.

Did I mention you can get as much as you want? My buddy ate 12 of them the other night.

Today, I chose salmon and shrimp covered with a lemon cream sauce with grilled asparagus.

.....yeah....it was good. ;)

Could've been preventive hungover chef...Hmmm new thread idea.

It was very tatsy and very decadent.  Too rich for me.  Y'all eat this stuff a lot?

Deathtosnails said:

It was very tatsy and very decadent.  Too rich for me.  Y'all eat this stuff a lot?

I was lovin' it right up 'til you dropped those unfertilized schicken fetus's on there.

The bacon and ranch had it goin' on just fine.

Deathtosnails said:

Not me. Gotta keep the "girlish" figure, ya know. But every rare once in a while bad stuff can be GOOD!

Dang.... had to use search to find this thread!

In the crock pot right now: some pork shoulder along with sesame oil, coconut oil, fish sauce, sake, thai red curry, garlic, thyme, lemongrass, lime juice, cumin, ginger, cilantro, a chili pod from a bag I failed to label, and chicken stock. I think that's it.... when I get happy in my spice cabinet, sometimes things just magically work their way in.... Pics later, like TB.  ;)

Oh yeah.... soy sauce, too. 
Hmm.....

Back