• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Deathtosnails said:
Fries
P7311472.jpg

Fries with cheese, bacon and ranch sauce
P7311474.jpg

Fried eggs
P7311475.jpg

Sweet pickles and Franks Red Hot and mustard
P7311476.jpg

whoa dude!!! I am speechless. That is a sight more spectacular than the Grand Canyon and Machu Pichu put together!!

I have to try this, what did you use for the Bacon ranch sauce, just ranch and bacon or did you mix in something else? 

Chili verde'

Just the basic anaheim recipe for the family, I kicked mine up with a good sprinkling of my superhot powder blend of bhuts, scorpions and 7 pots. 

20131019_173655.jpg

another round with the clay pot before its brought back down to the dungeon.
Here's a Chicken Roaster stuffed with an Onion, top and under neath the skin was rubbed with smoked 7 Pot powder. Carrots Celery, Baby Gold Yukons ....and 20 cloves of Garlic.........never know when Dracula(s) might ring the doorbell.

The pot was covered and put into a cold oven. Temp set for 425, Chicken baked for 1.5 hrs once temp hit. Covered was removed and clarified butter was basted on. 15 more minutes in oven with the cover off.....

Plating of 1/2 Chicken with steamed/roasted vegetables.......washed down with a San Adams....Although not as spicy as one would think.....I always have a sauce available to slather on !

Last thing i cooked: spaghetti with fresh red habanero, extravirgin olive oil and sliced tomato. For today's meal.

Last hot thing i ate: bruschetta made with italian ciabatta (one of my fav breads), cooked with some cheese (dunno wich cheese but was quite soft), sliced tomatoes and fresh red habanero. After cooking high quality raw ham (the mighty Prosciutto di Parma).
Despite no oil and no garlic it turned out something excellent.

Bruchetta...batta bread...di Parma...what more can one ask for?

Essegi, I see you're from the northern region. My daughter studied in Paderno del Grappa.
Are you close to Mt Grappa ?

PIC 1 said:
Bruchetta...batta bread...di Parma...what more can one ask for?

Essegi, I see you're from the northern region. My daughter studied in Paderno del Grappa.
Are you close to Mt Grappa ?
Yes, Paderno to Barbarano, where i live, are ~75 km distant. ;) I don't remember to have ever been to Paderno tough...

I like experimenting with seasonings I don't usually use. Roasted some veggies with turkey sausage the other night and added file powder and fennel seed along with other spices. Not sure which caused it, but the sausage came out with more of a pork or beef flavor rather than turkey. Both my son and I liked it. I'm going to make it again a couple times to see if it was the combo or one individually. Interesting stuff...

Chicken Tikka Masala.

Had a packet of garam masala to use, so it went in the blender. 

Didn't feel like getting out the grill today, so I just cooked the chicken in the oven on some soaked wood skewers over a pan.

Various spices, red cayenne powder, heavy cream, plain greek yogurt, ect.

simple appetizer...

Oysters, Dried Scotch Bonnets, Semolina, Buttermilk, Pink Salt, Rice Flour, Corn Meal

Soak Oysters in Buttermilk, ground dried  Scotch Bonnets and Salt for a few hrs. Coat in combo of Semolina, Rice Flour, Corn Meal, Scotch Bonnet powder and Salt.
Deep fry at 340 deg until golden

Plating with Lemon slices and some Conch Turbo Sauce...that was sent to me from a previous..wing challange (jerkwing)

Damn PIC.

Fried oysters are one of my favorite all time foods and certainly one I'd include on my Death Row Last Meal.

Yours look perfect 'cept for one 'thang.

You need about 50 more heaped up on that plate of yumbonessessess!

CHINGON squared!

geeme said:
The drill around here is "no pics, didn't happen." You must be HUNGRY by now! 

Can't we at least get a more detailed description? ANYTHING???  ;)
That was a lame joke lol sorry. But yes, I will post some pics of today's lunch...

Here's the start .........to dinner

Ingredients: Malt Vinegar, Garlic, Red Onion, Avenir Habaneros, Fresh Baked French Loafs, Bershire Sausage, Spice Pack (Star Anise, Whole Cloves, Cinnamon Stick, Brown Mustard Seed, Dill and Coriander Seeds....not pictured Salt and Sugar.............and the empty beer bottles I polished off.........geez

Start out with slicing Red Onion and Red Hab  into 1/8" rings, cut 3 cloves of peeled Garlic in half....set aside
Toast all Spices in a dry skillet until fragrent. Heat 2 cups of water to a boil, place  Onions and Peppers  in a strainer, pour heated water over and through the veg mix. Place Onion/Peppers into a glass jar. Add 1 cup Malt Vinegar, 1 cup Water, 1 tsp Salt , 1 Tbl Sugar, Garlic and Spices to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil...then let cool down, slightly.

Pour Pickling Mix through strainer into jar........let rest for 1 hr.

Smells great..and tastes..........guess ?
Fire up grill and indirect cook Sausage at 350 until cooked through.........about 40 minutes.

My dinner......... Grilled Berkshire Sausage (double) on fresh baked roll topped with English Mustard and Pickled Red Onions/Habaneros....chips
and another glass of Guinness

Last Sunday Brunch was Grilled Med-Rare Ribeye with Oak Wood seasoned with Cherry wood smoked Bhut Jalokia powder then drowned in tmudders 7 pot brown Scorched Steak Sauce, Wheat toast with Raspberry Brain strain jam and 2 eggs over medium seasoned with Bhut Jalokia powder.

[img][/img]

Back