• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

totally agree re: "something different" ... i enjoy picking a 'taste' or an ingredient pairing to iterate on for a few days every other week or so ...

we'll be revisiting the rice papers ... i think i'll steam in them ...

Damn, I need a beer but alas Im at work so...

8CB830F2-CE2F-4B1B-9C76-9369EDA43C72-7015-00000B35198898B1_zps37cea9a3.jpg

And a nice dusting with some Haba-Peno powder :)

Made a BBQ sauce for some pork ribs.

20 chopped red habs (last years, frozen), 20 fresh red jalapenos (overwintered plants), then 10 whole dried chipotles and 10 chile morita (dried). Toast both dried chilis and then rehydrate for 15 minutes in warm water. Chop all chilis roughly. Saute an onion, 6 cloves of garlic and throw in all the chopped chilis. Use a lid on your pan, as you don`t want to breathe in this stuff ;) Cook until the fresh ingredients are soft and throw in the juice of 6 oranges and 3 limes. Cook a bit more. Add 2 cups of cointreau or similar and cook the alcohol out. Let cool (important), then add to a blender and blend until smooth. Add 3 large tomatoes, chopped and raw, then blend again until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend again. Add some water if it is too thick. If you like a sweeter sauce, add some brown sugar to taste. If you like it more sharp, add some rice vinegar to taste.
Cook ribs as usual, coating with sauce a lot. Eat and watch the heads of your guests explode :fireball:

Is this McDonalds or somethin? Cuz I'm lovin it.

The McCorn chili with egg looks Ronaldeliscious.

Something about tortillas?

SOMETHING ABOUT TORTILLAS???

TOR. TI. YAS.

Do it up Geeme! Plated oozy pics please!

Guess I'm on an egg-and-cheese-and-"stuff" kick. Sauteed zucchini in olive oil with garlic, mexican oregano, congo trin powder, and cumin. Pushed it to the side and slapped an egg in the skillet. Flipped it, slapped some shredded havarti and congo trin powder on it, then slapped the whole mess together on a plate. Quick and easy dinner for one, and tasted just lovely. I'll definitely do it again.

Hey - the egg lands where it lands when one simply slides everything out of the skillet.... BOOM!

As long as it lands on the plate, it's all good!

I wish everyone else around here gave as much love and affection as you do to your tortillas.

Yep I said it! hahahahahahaha. Looks freakin awesome Booma!

I am continuing MussGo Day here. Leftover Asian marinated pork chops from earlier in the week, leftover bell pepper, onion, serranos, habs, mushrooms, carrots? A little supplement from the grocery store, some asparagus tops, and broccoli and cauliflower from the salad bar, a can of baby corn, and a can of water chestnuts and we have the makings for a kick-ass chilehead stirfry.

I hadn't used my wok in a while. It showed. First I got it too hot and added the ginger and garlic too early, burnt them in a second, so dumped it and started over. I added the carrots, then the broccoli and cauliflower, then the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, then everything else, meat last. Usually I make up my own sauce, but I have a great marinade called Yoshidas that I used for the pork chops, and with the added garlic, ginger and chiles it is just right for a stirfry. I also cooked some soba noodles and added them in at the end. While I love making steaks, bbq and such, sometimes it is the little things I make with my leftovers that make me the most happy.

Attachments

• 100_1552.JPG
    100_1552.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_1587.JPG
    100_1587.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_1588.JPG
    100_1588.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1589.JPG
    100_1589.JPG