• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Sounds delicious Quad! I fixed a breakfast burrito I got @ Whole Foods yesterday. It had egg, bacon, potato, cheddar jack, & salsa. I added in two diced habs before nuking. Yummy!

Thanks!

Nice thing about this meal too is that if needed, I could just slap on another slice of bread, and then it's portable.

Take THAT McDonalds! :lol:

QuadShotz said:
Thanks!

Nice thing about this meal too is that if needed, I could just slap on another slice of bread, and then it's portable.

There are no bounds for that prince of foods...THE SAMMICH!

Cheers, TB.

QuadShotz said:
Thanks!

:lol: yep, it sure beats micky D's, looks tasty.

Cooking is not the right word.

Today I took some vanilla ice cream and poured some of the hot pepper candying syrup and some blackthorn liquor over it. Hot, sweet and righteous!:hell:

Armadillo said:
Cooking is not the right word.

Today I took some vanilla ice cream and poured some of the hot pepper candying syrup and some blackthorn liquor over it. Hot, sweet and righteous!:hell:

Mmm, sounds good. :)

Got about a foot of snow here and still coming down bigtime, so made some rice pilaf kinda stuff w/ olives, onions, crushed tomatos, serranos, misc. spices, a funky hab and hot italian sausage. Yummers.

Ha..the guy wit the snow plow doing the parking lot got stuck and needed to get pulled out..it's nutters out there...flakes as big as quarters.

Thank God I don't drive.:shocked:

I didn't take pictures, but I tried something new with my wings tonight. Someone on here mentioned honey/lime something or other and I decided it was time I make some habanero honey lime wings. I didn't measure, but rather just poured in lime juice (yeah the bottle kind as I don't have any fresh at the moment), my habanero concentrate from this years plants, honey, butter, garlic powder, fatalii powder, and some of my all purpose rub. I deep fried the wings and preheated the oven to 350F. Fried the wings for about 15 minutes, poking them with a fork with about 3-4 to go. Then into the mixing bowl of sauce, which I had heated in the microwave and whisked thoroughly. Into the oven for about 5 minutes, then back into the bowl for another dip. Back into the oven for another 5 or so, and then one last dip and onto the plate. Sticky, sweet, sour, HOT and nicely carmelized. Sorry I didn't take any pics, but I totally recommend this. I usually only eat Defcon wings, but I just had a craving for this for some reason.

this was part of my breakfast, venison breakfast sausage with pure maple syrup that was carmelized to it & with orange hab powder in it (had a good heat to it)

DSCF2078.jpg

for some reason...even though it looks like it could have possibly came from the rear end of a deer, i would still eat that...looks good!

Taters!

taters.jpg

No, the color ain't off..those are Klondike Goldustâ„¢ Potatos.

Sliced 'em all up, gave em a bath in some melted butter/EVOO, and tossed around with some sea salt, pepper, chipotle/cayenne/chili powder, and some dill.

Roasted in my trusty toaster oven at 425F for around 25 mins, and BAM....all done. Just added some nice organic ketchup.

Mmmm, 'Taters. :D

PwnedPepper said:
for some reason...even though it looks like it could have possibly came from the rear end of a deer, i would still eat that...looks good!

it was good!
the booty is where its at! you never heard baby gots back ? :lol:
kidding aside, if I was to split a animal in half with someone I'd take the rear half in a heartbeat! thats where most of the good meat is.

Assam curry tofu (made with fresh naga pepper and habanero powder), served with Pav Bhaji Masala (curried mixed vegetables) on a bed of saffron rice. Indian rice pudding for desert, washed down with a couple of kingfisher beers.

it was good!
the booty is where its at! you never heard baby gots back ?
kidding aside, if I was to split a animal in half with someone I'd take the rear half in a heartbeat! thats where most of the good meat is.
oh yeah i bet it was! today i made a egg sammich with some wheat bread toasted on one side, cooked up some sausage with EXTRA SPICY mrs dash (yeah right) yellow cap saracha (weak) and some cayenne and black pepper and maple syrup, melted some kraft cheese onto it and a fried egg. good stuff!

PwnedPepper said:
oh yeah i bet it was! today i made a egg sammich with some wheat bread toasted on one side, cooked up some sausage with EXTRA SPICY mrs dash (yeah right) yellow cap saracha (weak) and some cayenne and black pepper and maple syrup, melted some kraft cheese onto it and a fried egg. good stuff!

sounds like a tasty breakfast meal, you should of taken a pic.
I have that mrs. dash extra spicy its not spicy but an alright salt free spice blend, dont use it often though.

jay - ingredients,
- cooked the venison in hot chile sesame oil, then set aside
- then cooked veggies in sauce (for a bit then added the meat for a bit then done)
sauce, just threw it together, on the fly, for what I had - sweet n sour sauce, black bean sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, white pepper powder, lime juice.
wasnt in the mood for a really HOT meal tonight. while I was making it I was hoping it tastes acceptable (never did this combo w/ sauces & powders) but it turned out good flavorwise :lol:

I had 3 bottles of grocery store wing sauce that were all just about gone. I combined them into one bottle & poured in a couple globs of Da Bomb. I tested my new creation on some frozen fish fillets. Not too shabby! After I finish this bottle I'm gonna splurge on Defcon 1.

After I did this it gave me the idea to throw some Da Bomb in my huge bottle of Sriracha. I tried this out on a couple more fish fillets. That was tasty, too.

ImpyChick said:
After I did this it gave me the idea to throw some Da Bomb in my huge bottle of Sriracha. I tried this out on a couple more fish fillets. That was tasty, too.

I like how ya think Impy. :)

Hope it didn't change that killer flavor though with the extract...

Back