• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

imaguitargod said:
IMPY!!! Where ya been?

Aww, ya missed me did ya? I'm still lurkin' around quite a bit but not as much as a few months ago. I have some other stuff keeping me busy these days :(.

ImpyChick said:
Aww, ya missed me did ya? I'm still lurkin' around quite a bit but not as much as a few months ago. I have some other stuff keeping me busy these days :(.
I think I speak for everyone when I say we all miss you! I know how things go though, life takes over.

I've been busy... ;-)

Made NagaMama/NagaSav-Honey-Chipotle-BBQ Turkey Breast..slow-roasted for like 5 hrs.

Also, basted with sriracha, liquid smoke, melted butter, and a mixture of molasses and balsamic vinegar with other spices.

ALso, wrap I made outa it w/ garlic/dill cream cheese, cheddar/pepperjack, pickled garlic w/ bhut jolokias, and green olives.

Mmm, succulent stuff...
S6302147.JPG

Wrap...
S6302152.JPG

I also made a nice BIG breakfast outa two eggs, two slices of toast spread wit mayo mixed wit stone ground mustard & jalapeno powder, a bunch of fried bologna, onions, mushrooms, cheddar/pepperjack, and lots of THSC's Afterburner + misc other spicy powders. Eggs had s/p, cayenne, chipotle, hab, garlic powders, and a dash of curry while cooking.

S6302142.JPG

Dat's How I Roll.. ;-)

~Happy New Year All~

-QS

Thx! It's fun cooking stuff. :)

Oh, and I roasted the turkey in my toaster oven... ;)

300F for like hours....is a nearly 2lb breast...that's a 15" plate those things are on.

It is a beauty, just falls apart unless is chilled so I can slice it.

Used around 325-350F, for about five hours.

Basted with what I'd said when it got dry.

Was in a broiler tray setup..with water in the bottom to keep it moist. It's wrapped in foil so the close heat wouldnt burn it, also punching holes in the bottom side of the foil so'd drain.

Took top off when almst done to carmalize the top.

Learned that on a PBS show ;P

Gave some to a chilehead friend..she (knowing where I live) asked how the frell I nanaged to BBQ something like that...lol!

my oven is a 1950's monster..is WAY too much for just that.

quad - are those meals from 1 day ? if so, damn you were living like a king. the meals look & sound damn tasty! (well except for the mayo/mustard part :))

Yes, breakfast and well, lunch for awhile.. ;)

Thats pretty normal food for me.

Bachelor life is good if ya can cook. :D

All of the recent threads about wings made me start craving them. Well...I'm always craving them, but this time more than usual. I decided to kinda do them ghetto style.

Here's what I started with. I was REALLY hoping to find some that were already separated, but nope.

bevy8w.jpg

Here's where it starts to get ghetto. I used Louisiana brand wing sauce. Hey, it was less than $2 for the bottle. And of course I poured in a liberal amount of Da Bomb. The Tabasco behind the sauce was not used, they're just in the pic.

23rv5sl.jpg

Using a basting brush, I put sauce on them 3 times while cooking. They look kinda burnt but that's actually how I like 'em. And some Natty Light to wash it all down! Now THAT'S ghetto!

2s1qjpj.jpg

I ate a lil less than half of them & they're pretty tasty considering the sauce I used. It was a great Sunday snack. As always, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Hey Impy, I really like the look of those wings! that baked color makes them look absolutely delicious!

impy - I like wings when they're well done so they give ya that kinda crunchy skin texture. if I cook them in the oven I let them turn dark just like you.
looks good!

Thanx for your comments, guys. Boy I was really fiending for wings today. I ended up nibbling on them all throughout the day, & now there's nothing left :(. I'm thinking of making that a Sunday tradition.

Um, I made my usual chipotle & habs on a store-bought supreme pizza, but I eated it. :D

BTW, thsoe lil tins of Embasa chipotle make a gr8 pizza sauce...esp. wit habs.

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

store bought dough, some sauce my mom made with just tomato paste, oil, basil oregeno ect. turkey sausage,jarred roasted red peppers, and onions which were cooked in oil and saracha, mozzerlla and parm. cooked at 550* till CRIZPEE and brown. not really hot but $#^&ing good

Back