food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Pwned, those wings look amazing! And I'm a bleu cheese fan myself. How did you prepare the wings?
pwned - those wings look damn tasty!(except for the bleu cheese, not a fan of it)
whats the wing sauce, or did you just use store bought then add other chile powder or ? (I do this often adding powder or fresh chiles to weak sauces)

the sauce was just some bottled sauce. not very spicy but i had school the next day and hot+chrones= no fun in the morning before school.
the wings were just cooked through in the over then sauced then 550* over till crispy again

edit: its just ranch dressing not bleu cheese although i prefer the bleu.
and i realized my pictures make my food look tastier...

Wings tonight for me and Linda...

gonna cook this recipe....with some changes to the hot sauce recommendation

Wings 3 Ways
Prep Time: 30 min
Inactive Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Serves: 6 to 8 servings

2 quarts vegetable shortening, for frying
24 whole chicken wings (about 6 pounds)
4 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornstarch
For the Honey BBQ Sauce:
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons creamed honey
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 teaspoons turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt
For the Spicy Butter Sauce:
1 cup hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 lemon, juiced
1 small bunch basil
Salt
For the Zest Mix:
1 lemon, zested
1 lime, zested
In a large pot, heat vegetable shortening until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 375 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with a wire rack.
Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, separate the chicken wings into the drummettes and wings, discarding the wing tip joint.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, 1 tablespoon salt and black pepper. In a paper bag, shake together flour, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon salt. Place chicken in egg mixture and toss well to coat. Place chicken in batches in the bag of flour mixture. Shake well to coat. Set on wire rack to let coating set, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile make the Honey BBQ Sauce and the Spicy Butter Sauce. In a small saucepan, bring the ingredients for the Honey BBQ Sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook until sauce has reduced by half, about 12 minutes, stirring frequently. In another saucepan, bring the ingredients for the Spicy Butter Sauce to a simmer. Remove from heat and let basil infuse in butter for at least 15 minutes. Remove basil.
When oil is at the right temperature, add chicken, working in batches, and fry until cooked through and crispy, about 13 minutes. Season chicken with salt then immediately toss, taking turns with batches, in the Honey BBQ sauce, or the Spicy Butter Sauce or sprinkle with the lemon and lime zest.

Pictures of ingredients...

Chicken and breading ingredients

011209002.jpg

Honey BBQ Sauce Ingredients

011209003.jpg

Spicy Butter Sauce

011209004.jpg

more to come as I start to cook...

A brick oven roll with fresh roast beef loaded with Habby Horse anyone?

Attachments

• habbyrb.jpg
    habbyrb.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 100
wings in dredge

011209001.jpg

Wings coated sitting on racks

011209002-1.jpg

Spicy butter Sauce (with 1 cup Defcon 1 and 1 Tbsp 7 Pot concentrate)

011209003-1.jpg

Honey BBQ Sauce

011209004-1.jpg

grease is almost up to temperature...will be cooking wings for a little bit...

"That's not a meal, it's an event! "
no kidding I usually just bake or fry my wings & throw some wings sauce on them with chile powder if not hot enough, then I call it good :lol:
AJ thats ALOT of ingredients & prep work, but I bet they'll taste great.

THP - confused with your pic, looks like raw meat that has something packed inside it in spots.

thanks gents...

finished product....back in a bit for the taste report....bon apetite

011209b002.jpg

Best damn wings I have ever had...the defcon 1 with the tbsp of 7 pot concentrate put them almost over the top...was sweating before I finished the first wing...

Sunny whatever her name on Cooking for Real has given me the best cooking tip ever...if you want crunchy wings...mix a cup of corn starch with 2 cups all purpose flour....and the bit about letting them sit on a wire rack for 20 minutes after they were dredged in the egg mixture then breaded is a keeper....

the Honey BBQ sauce with the tumeric worked well...great home made BBQ sauce and the Spicy Butter Sauce was absolutely wonderful...

This is a definite keeper recipe....

don't believe the times she has for preparing these...I really started at 5 pm working on the wings then started mixing and battering at 6...started cooking about 7:30 and didn't finish with the wings until 8:30

I'm going to take my full belly to my easy chair for a few minutes then going to bed....cy'all folks in the morning...

I'm not normally a breaded wing fan, but I may try this since you say so AJ. Looked and sounded great. Good job buddy. How did Linda like them?

chilehunter said:
THP - confused with your pic, looks like raw meat that has something packed inside it in spots.
:mope:
Me delete now... cannot compete with AJ.

chilehunter said:
this thread isn't a competition between members.
I'm joking. It's cold cut roast beef with habanero horseradish on top. Bad picture. Good sandwich.

THP, I was so engrossed in cooking the wings last night I didn't get a chanced to comment on your sandwich....it looks delicious to me....what kind of bread is a brick oven roll?...is it just regular dough cooked in a brick oven, or is some exotic type flour used? The roast beef is a given and always good....'specially with habby horse....

Back