• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

This is just a snack that turned out really well.. I got a lightning strike lightbuld moment while eating onion rings at Harvey's a few weeks ago.

Sliced Jalapenos
jalarings.jpg

beer batter made with flour, corn starch, my smoked dried pepper blend, paprika, berbere pepper mix, salt and black pepper and Hannenberg Pils.
jalarings1.jpg

MoneyShot. finished rings with some kosher salt ..

jalarings3.jpg

I think every restuarant should just get rid of onion rings and start making this. :cool:

imaguitargod said:
Mmmm... a growler of Pilsner.....

Passow FAIL! Oh you loser! While the hoskey is of utmost importance, you failed to note the frikkin' supreme awesomenessess of Ashen's mind blowing beer battered 'peno rings!

Ashen sir, jump back and kiss yo' sef one time! You tell the truth with those rings of ultimate WIN!

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
Passow FAIL! Oh you loser! While the hoskey is of utmost importance, you failed to note the frikkin' supreme awesomenessess of Ashen's mind blowing beer battered 'peno rings!

TB HUGE FAIL! Not noticing the food and noticing the beer was the joke! Right over you head. Maybe you should not be so eager to jump on the fail labels ;)

imaguitargod said:
TB HUGE FAIL! Not noticing the food and noticing the beer was the joke! Right over you head. Maybe you should not be so eager to jump on the fail labels ;)

HAH! You can't squirm outta' this one....hehe..

Salute', TB.

No. The FAIL stands and can only be rescinded by posting a gratuitous homebrewski pic or pancake bunny head photo. The latter has alot of mojo dontcha' know and goes a long way to washing away many sins. Go ye no and sin no more.

Salute', TB.

a few days ago i had some chicken fetechini alfrado liberaly doused with orange hab finly diced... no picks though since i dident expect to be posting about that supper.

I made curry burgers again tonight. I don't have a pic. I could pull a TB and try to pass off the old pic but that would be a FAIL. ;)

I'm hooked on curry burgers.

oooooh i totaly forgot about the jerk chicken i made. they kinda charred but i slatered them in the jerksauce and it was all good.

FIYA!!
Picture358.jpg

yummm blurry chicken.
Picture369.jpg

those 'peno rings look friggin amazing!!!

make loaded batch of those smothered in chili and cheese or bacon and ranch for some exploded popper action!

wow!

Back