food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Quad - Brekky Buff-Muff-Burger! Looks and sounds awesome. Love the name you've entitled it with, too. Definitely makes the mind wander into the gutter, and this sort of ingeniousness makes me smile. Good show.

I just made some spicy nachos and cheese. 1lb nachos, 3lbs cheese(chedder and swiss), 2 red habs, 10 tobascos, and about a quart of pickled jalapinos. Layer it up (nacho, cheese, pepper, repeat) top heavily with peppers, brushed on a little red hab infused olive oil and stuck in the oven at 350* for 15 minutes.

Result is tasty nachos that are just hot enough to let you know you are eating somthing spicey, but still lets you enjoy the chips.

Sorry no pics... I didn't think to take any 'till after I was done eating.

SumOfMyBits said:
Quad - Brekky Buff-Muff-Burger! Looks and sounds awesome. Love the name you've entitled it with, too. Definitely makes the mind wander into the gutter, and this sort of ingeniousness makes me smile. Good show.

Yes, I did think of the perv implications... ;)

Ratman667 said:
I just made some spicy nachos and cheese. 1lb nachos, 3lbs cheese(chedder and swiss), 2 red habs, 10 tobascos, and about a quart of pickled jalapinos. Layer it up (nacho, cheese, pepper, repeat) top heavily with peppers, brushed on a little red hab infused olive oil and stuck in the oven at 350* for 15 minutes.

Result is tasty nachos that are just hot enough to let you know you are eating somthing spicey, but still lets you enjoy the chips.

Sorry no pics... I didn't think to take any 'till after I was done eating.

Sounds good to me. :)

Some chili I made today:

0815091623.jpg

I posted the recipe here.

That was my 3rd bowl

QuadShotz said:
S6303671.jpg

Brekky Buff-Muff-Burger!

A toasted english muffin w/ stone ground mustard and mayo.

Topped with scrambled egg made w/ sambal olek, S&P, onion/garlic powder, homemade jalapeno/hab powder, and a dash of curry.

Then, a mini-patty of 100% Buffalo with added BBQ sauce mixed with CM's GPS, black pepper and jalapeno salt. Topped off with a couple layers of melty habanero jack, and pickled peppers. :D

Had to cut it in half just to get it in my mouth, but one heck of a brekky.

How do you stay so thin dude? And how do you come up with all these recipes? Do you have a culinary background?

hab bread dont have pics but its still good. its about as hot as a mildish chili sauce maybe with a whole slice its about as hot as some tobasco. i only choped up 2 habs though. for a 2lb loaf.

I was wondering where to post this.....I like to make up stews and such so that I have three or four days worth of dinner ready to go.

Tuesday before payday was looking lean, so I invented

Sopa de frijoles refritos
I sauted a diced yellow onion and a couple of teaspoons of chopped garlic (I buy the jar- its just easier) in a generous amount of grapeseed oil. Then I added a can fat free refried beans (because I like to add my own oil) and mashed them up good, and a can of generic "southwest style" diced tomatoes(it has chilies of some kind in it). I added Yucateco red sauce and some pepper powder Patrick gave me- its reddish orange- so I think its mostly habenero- but I forget.

I meant to make rice to go with, but somehow never got around to it. I commented to my son at the end of the third day that perhaps refried bean soup three days in a row was unwise. I feel very clean inside! :lol:

chillilover said:
How do you stay so thin dude? And how do you come up with all these recipes? Do you have a culinary background?

Well, it's a combination of good genetics and moderation.

I do eat a lot of whacky stuff, but, I also keep up a good metabolism with the chiles and stuff.

I like eating spicy stuff/onions/garlic/ginger/coffee/misc. spices every day. I can tell if I forget a day because I'll feel lethargic. I almost never eat fast food or takeout..If I want it, I make it.

I also drink 'prolly 1/2 Gal. of water a day too depending on the temps..keeps ya flushed out. :)

Far as background...I grew up with a beaver-cleaver mom who let me watch her cook, and later on, help out too. We had an organic garden I worked on adn so there wsa always good food around. We only ate in a restaurant for special occsaions, almst never ate white refined sugar, and watched for chemicals. Neo-Hippies, I guess. ;)

I watched PBS pretty much exclusively as a kid, so I got to love The French Chef w/ Julia. :)

I've worked from dishwasher to prep cook to line cook in IDK how many places when I was younger. From Taco Bell to a Private Club. A fave Uncle used to be a chef, and he got me into techniques and stuff. I good buddy of mine was a world-wandering chef too, and we still talk cooking and stuff. I got him into growng chiles. ;-)

I also read a lot. The Joy of Cooking is my favorite as it has most anything in it.

Anything you'd want to know is online and probably has video tuts....easy to learn cooking skills if ya want to. allrecipes.com is a fave site for recipe ideas and learning new things.

Mainly, I was raised to have an enquiring mind and to be curious. Cooking is just chemistry you can eat eh?

I love "experiments". ;)

QuadShotz said:
I also drink 'prolly 1/2 Gal. of water a day too depending on the temps..keeps ya flushed out. :)
Most people don't realize if you drink a lot of water, you lose weight. Your body stores water, and if you regularly drink a lot, your body stops storing as much. You lose the puffiness, and the so-called water weight.

texas blues said:
I knew it. Joy of Cooking is the Bible. Kudos' on the Julia too Quad.

Salute', TB.

Yeppers. Thx mang. :)

Here's my beat to hell 1981 copy:

S6303794.jpg

The 'lay-flat' bindng is about shot, the pages are frelled, it's stuffed with printed out and scribbled recipes and other crap, but it's a treasure. :D

Mom had one of the first Betty Crocker's...built like a tank it was with actual metal binding and the infamoud red plaid hardcovers...wish I had THAT...

thehotpepper.com said:
Most people don't realize if you drink a lot of water, you lose weight. Your body stores water, and if you regularly drink a lot, your body stops storing as much. You lose the puffiness, and the so-called water weight.

How much water do I have to drink to lose fifty pounds of water-weight?:lol:

thehotpepper.com said:

If only it worked the same with beer.

Ok, first of all, this barely qualifies as spicy as it only has a few serranos in it, but it is wonderful nonetheless. Beer simmered brats and panfried sauerkraut, serranos, and onions along with a cast iron full of fresh cut fries with cheddar, bacon, and a few more serranos.

100_3662.jpg

100_3663.jpg

100_3661.jpg

Back