food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

munchzilla said:
those steaks made me drool for real... if it was just a bit more red and some dark beer, it would've look so amazing. thumbs up!

I'm not a professional cook so the steaks I cook vary some between medium rare/medium/ & done but always juicy never over-cooked.

as for the beer, do you me guiniess ? I didnt have any at the time.

Blister said:
Sweet jebus. I really need to call the butcher and get some thicker cuts of steaks!

what ya waiting for ? get on the phone, right now! :lol:

I guess thick cut steaks are not normal in canada ?

chilehunter said:
what ya waiting for ? get on the phone, right now! :lol:

I guess thick cut steaks are not normal in canada ?

They aren't in my small part of Canada. I was absolutely blown away when I saw the size of the porterhouse steaks at Costco in Florida. They were absolutely HUGE! I asked if they could do a few porters for me when I got home, but I was shot down. I'll have to call the butcher and see what they have to offer.

I done went with simple foods tonight. I chopped up two chicken breasts, fried them up in some EVOO with red pepper flakes and garlic. While the chicken was frying I popped open a jar of fettuccine sauce and added a couple of healthy doses of DefCon 2 and set to a low simmer. Once the noodles were done I topped them with the chicken and sauce. I added a little fresh ground pepper and opened a beer. Shoulda made it hotter.

defconchickenfetticini.jpg

Blister said:
They aren't in my small part of Canada. I was absolutely blown away when I saw the size of the porterhouse steaks at Costco in Florida. They were absolutely HUGE! I asked if they could do a few porters for me when I got home, but I was shot down. I'll have to call the butcher and see what they have to offer.

if the butcher wont make thick cuts for you, call another butcher, or ask what the price would be for some slabs of meat & then you cut the steaks to the thickness you'd like. or buy a cow (or 1/4 or 1/2 cow) & bring it to the butcher & tell him these are the cuts you want!
I'd think thick cuts would cost less cuz less time making abunch of thin cut steaks.

the chicken looks tasty!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was pretty tasty, but it needed more heat. My ol' lADy wouldn't let me go crazy with the hot sauce, although that's probably not a bad idea. I tend to go overboard at times, but hey what man doesn't :cool:

I'm going to call for some fat ass steaks tomorrow. Although Costco does sell whole beef loin that I could cut to my desired thickness. Then all I have to do is make sure there's enough propane for the BBQ and beer in the fridge :D

Well, after all that killer stuff this is a bit weak..but was yummy.

BBQ-flavoured Chicken & Mushroom Taco-Dilla

- cooked chicken tenderloins, chopped
- diced Crimini mushrooms
- onions
- jalapenos
- chile powder w/ oleresin + my pepper blend (cayene, arbol, jalapeno and chopitle)
- drizzle of My Jack Daniels/GPS BBQ-Sauce concoction
- lots of Mozz

Gave the ingredients a toss in the pan then warmed the tort until flexible, added the cheese and filling, then folded into a big fat quesadilla...AKA the 'taco-dilla' and crisped it up.

S6304037.jpg

S6304039.jpg

Added a side of Ore-Ida® Crispy Crowns seasoned with chipotle salt and shredded Gruyère. Made dipping sauces of homemade tartar w/ sriracha and the BBQ-sauce w/ added garlic powder and Lust Sauce.

S6304041.jpg

Not fancy, but good snackin' grub. :D

It's only to draw attention to the meals section. There's usually only tumble weeds going through there. All quiet on the home front.

It's a variation on the vindaloo. I didn't think it was going to be as hot as it was, but wow did the extra home grown serranos ever kick it up for me. I need to up my heat levels if I ever hope to touch the Dorsets I've got on the go.

boiled up a dahl makhani curry & added a cayenne & a fatali, chopped finely.very nice indeed.just missing some meat, but didn't have any to add.at least there was some real heat there!

That reminds me Quady....I've been sitting on a jar of store bought vindaloo for a month and haven't gotten to it.

: tosses jar to Quady :

Do somethin' with that 'thang!

Salute', TB.

Pepper Steak

Attachments

• peppersteak.jpg
    peppersteak.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 80
I gotta agree with Jimmy, that IS a nice steak THP. Looks like it's got the perfect amount of juice, pink and cooked outters.

Back