food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

TB, just out of curiosity, what are your other ratings? :lol: I mean, is there a cold, brown, and sh*tty rating? :rofl:

JayT said:
TB, just out of curiosity, what are your other ratings? :lol: I mean, is there a cold, brown, and sh*tty rating? :rofl:

Hadn't thought of it that way. I rarely comment negatively. So in the future if I say.."you get the hot, blue, and righteous rating..." then every'thangs groovy! But if I say nothing.........
:hell:

I think it would be better if you had several. Maybe on in the middle could be a lukewarm, gray, and blah rating.

Well I made Spicy mustard chicken last night..

IMG_1193.jpg

I get 2 chicken breasts and put in a ove proof dish, then I add together:

(measurments aren't exact)

2 Tbls of Honey mustard
2 Tbls of Wholegrain mustard
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 tsp of fresh garlic
1/2 tsp of fresh ginger
1 tsp of cracked pepper corn
1 chocolate Hab
1 tbls of lime juice
fresh basil
3 shallots (green oinions)
grated cheddar cheese

I mix all the ingredients (except the basil, shallots and cheese). I place some of the basil leaves whole on top of the chicken and pour the semi thick mixture of the chicken ensuring that all the chicken is covered then I place in the fridge for a few hours.

I heat the oven to about 180C, add the diced shallots and some diced basil onto the mixture then add enough cheese so you can't see the mixture anymore and I cook it (cover) for 45 minutes.

IMG_1194.jpg

I love this meal and was very nearly going to do it for the throwdown but decided against it at the last minute.....

Looks good! The lime and basil sound out of place to me though, but I could see Thai basil.

It was thai basil that I used...:D

you don't really taste the lime juice so much but it helps sort of bind all the flavours....I've done it with lime and without, and I just like it with.......Thanks guys

Cool, yeah definitely works with Thai. I love that stuff in curries and stir fries... anything.

Pippy, try it with lemon instead of lime. That's what was throwing me off. Just a preference maybe, but it goes better with those ingredients. I will stop now. :lol:

texas blues said:
Outstanding Quady. You get a hot and blue, but no righteous....I don't care for brothy stews and soups. Chorizo and AK gold are good 'thangs.

Looks good to me Quad, I'll give you the righteous.

moyboy said:

Very nice Moyboy.

It's been a hot weekend here so I thought I'd make myself a milkshake. Not really a meal but it did have some heat:

milk001.jpg

Milk(of course)
Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Banana
Vanilla Essence
Ground Cinnamon
and............. 1 tsp of Bent's Black Dog.

Damn that Black Dog goes well with a milkshake. :mouthonfire:

I made some Nile Perch today.
Thai's, Kashmiri, Bhut Jolokia and many other chiles so this dish is obviously "spicy" enough for this thread.

64888015.jpg

79705273.jpg

44221374.jpg

88409944.jpg

Nile Perch HUh? Did you Catch this Fish By any Chance even if you didn't sounds pretty cool to eat something out of the Nile river if that is what you are refering to. Looks yummy same for quad jay and even seeyoujimmy

Thanks guys, it also tasted delicious...

Noshownate said:
Nile Perch HUh? Did you Catch this Fish By any Chance even if you didn't sounds pretty cool to eat something out of the Nile river if that is what you are refering to.
Nile Perch is a type of fish, found in the Nile and several other places here. I did not catch it, but this time it was fresh, meaning it was cought somewhere close (maybe the Nile).

Back