food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Yeah, I bet that's a scorcher..nice one!

Here's today's burrito using Tillamook cheddar, chopped wing-nuggz from the DrunkenChef thread, refried beans, onion, Faria chile, and thingly-sliced King Oyster shrooms. Seasoned up with THSC's Pepper-Pepper, garlic, sea salt, chili powder, cumin, a sprinkle of Chile de Arbol and a garnish of broadleaf parsley.

Yummmy!
S6305181.jpg

Still yummy...
S6305180.jpg

Money Shot.
S6305186.jpg

Tonight it was Asian Seared Tuna. I marinated it in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, srirachi, mae ploy thai sweet chili sauce, green onion, cilantro, and thai chiles. Then topped it with wasabi sesame seeds and seared in sesame and olive oils. Sliced and served on a bed of greens with the reserved (and boiled) marinade.

100_4723.jpg

100_4724.jpg

:crazy: I had that very fish in my noggin' for this weekend. Bastard! Now you ruined it! You even seared it rare and its complete with the sesame seed. Just the way I dig it, although I wouldn't have used olive oil but rather sesame or peanut oil. Here's your stinkin' hot, blue, and righteous!

texas blues said:
Just the way I dig it, although I wouldn't have used olive oil but rather sesame or peanut oil.

JayT said:
Tonight it was Asian Seared Tuna. I marinated it in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, srirachi, mae ploy thai sweet chili sauce, green onion, cilantro, and thai chiles. Then topped it with wasabi sesame seeds and seared in sesame and olive oils. Sliced and served on a bed of greens with the reserved (and boiled) marinade.

I was afraid straight sesame would burn.

You are correct. Sesame with canola or peanut. Cast iron beaucoupe hot. 10 seconds a side I reckon. I generally only do one side with the sesame seeds, that one being seared first. Nice that you're still bringin' the foo foo without even tryin'.

I was going to use peanut, but I only have that in a 3gal container right now so I just grabbed what I had at hand olive. It was in the cast iron. I didn't think to take an action shot as it was in and out so quick. The marinade was incredible. I love rare tuna!

JayT said:
I was going to use peanut, but I only have that in a 3gal container right now so I just grabbed what I had at hand olive. It was in the cast iron. I didn't think to take an action shot as it was in and out so quick. The marinade was incredible. I love rare tuna!

Correct again. If you have time to take an action shot.....it's already overcooked!

You know we gotta get together and cook sometime. Maybe in SoFlo with the posse...

Edit: you know, that sounds so gay.

JayT said:
You know we gotta get together and cook sometime. Maybe in SoFlo with the posse...

Edit: you know, that sounds so gay.

Only if they are Key West. SoFlo Posse ain't though. I'd party with those boys....I'll do teh cookin'!

I cooked up some prawns with some of Scorpion's Garlic Gremlin:
001.jpg

The sauce is tasty but not very hot so I thought I'd also munch on my first ripe Afghan Long:
002-1.jpg

Well, can't let teh thread moulder away...

Here's today's brekky:

S6305477.jpg

Shitakke & King Oyster shrooms, a couple eggs, some tinned corned beef, a Chocolate Habanero, white onion, a clove of garlic, bit of shredded cheddar, smoked sundried tomato all on a whola-wheat English Muffin with a spicy haxxed version of a RĂ©moulade sauce.

The Sauce: Best Foods (Hellmans) mayo, capers, my homemade hot mustard, sweet relish, dill, and a shot of Sriracha.

Grated some cheese on the muffins and stuck 'em in the toaster oven.

Meanwhile, I cooked up the shrooms/chile pepper/beef/toms/onions/garlic with a pat of butter and a dash of sea salt & pepper just until the onions/shrooms were a bit carmelised.

Set that aside and turned off the toaster oven.
Then, I proceeded to fry up da eggs with a few grinds of THSC's Pepper Pepper.

Eggs go on the cheezy muffins, veggies top that, bit of crumbled goat cheese then the sauce.

EL BAMMO GRANDE!
S6305478.jpg

Might not be pretty, but it's all kinds of yummyness. :-D
S6305480.jpg

S6305490.jpg

Dang those choc. habs are a wee warm...

The caper/hot mustard sauce really cut through the richness of the rest of the goods and was well, delish!

Cheers,

~QS

Thx!

It could've been prettier for sure, but I was hungry and wasn't fretting it. Anytime that I get to mop up some eggs and chiles with some toast I'm happy. :)

Back