food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

I just measured out an entire liquid ounce of the Chileman's Naga Snake Bite Reserve. Tossed it up with about 1/4 lb of pulled chicken from a roasted chicken carcass I had leftover. Slapped it on a nice Syrian bread I get from a local International Market called Balkan located on Main St. in Stroudsburg, PA. A little mozzarella cheese and some romaine lettuce for good measure..

YUM! My lips are still burning 10 minutes later... :D I'm really digging this Naga sauce. I'm pretty much just finding excuses to use it with anything.. lol -Lars-

IMG_1649.jpg

diced sirloin tips marinated in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, a couple red habaneros with seeds, and a couple drops of liquid smoke. the noodles were made by a woman that works in the same office building as i do. they are sesame noodles...pretty good stuff. last night i had some but only zapped them in the microwave and threw some chicken on top...this time i decided i'd give them a quick fry in some sesame oil.

all in all...could've used some more heat..maybe i should've put a little bit of the ultimate insanity into the marinade.

edit..oh, and to drink, i had some old rasputin russian imperial stout. :P

Ok, I didn't "cook" this one, but i took some store-bought potato salad(german) and added a good bit of Mark's Snakebite sauce to it and stirred it up. Amazing difference! I was shocked at how good it tasted. I highly recommend it to everyone.

"Mahi Mahi in a Thai Chile Sauce" was what I thought the waitress said. Apparently, though, she said "chilly", 'cause I don't even think there was in black pepper in that sauce!

Good sauce, great fish, just no heat.

And the Godiva Chocolate Raspberry layer cake with Ameretto frosting for dessert was killer!

Leftover spaghetti with a healthy dose of Dave's Zesty Blend. Heating that up in the nuke box at work almost killed a few people.

i made a broccoli soup the other day and liberally used some hab pepper sauce that my mother brought back from mexico (she went on a cruise). it was outstanding, and HOT!:lol:

DevilDuck said:
Leftover spaghetti with a healthy dose of Dave's Zesty Blend. Heating that up in the nuke box at work almost killed a few people.
Good to know that my stuff is still in use! And that it's doing it's job of killing the non-heat loving folks......mwahahahaha

DevilDuck said:

Where does one go about finding this Dave's Zesty Blend that I keep hearing about?

every year when I take my seeds I fry all the chili together and can them in olive oil. The other night I had deerburgers and used the oil to cook the burgers in mmm good
Dan

LET IT BURN

pao1x said:
Jerk Chicken

Omg, I love jerk chicken, especially the homemade kind that takes 4000000000 different spices. My favorite spicy chicken food of all time is Jerk Chicken with Mango Habanero sauce. I posted the recipe for the sauce before, it is absolutely divine as a dipping sauce for jerk chicken (and you can use it as an ice cream topping for dessert, try it before you knock it).

Click on the picture for the link to the recipe:

It is f'in awesome. It starts sweet with a nice sharpness added by the ginger, then the habanero heat creeps in leaving a pleasant warmth. You can add another hab or two to make it burn more, but the jerk chicken already has some burn to it so you don't wanna over do it.

edit:
Pam said:
So, I made the ginger-mango-habanero sauce, and while it tastes good, it doesn't look so pretty. I used in on a rather boring chicken stir fry lat night, though, and it livened it up right nicely. I did use two habs instead of one, and I will probably use three if I make it again.
I was reading back through this thread and I missed this when pam originally posted it. Glad to hear you liked it pam and I agree with the addition of the extra hab or two, but all the "normal" (read: non-chilihead) people acted like their face was melting...

Txclosetgrower said:
Omg, I love jerk chicken, especially the homemade kind that takes 4000000000 different spices. My favorite spicy chicken food of all time is Jerk Chicken with Mango Habanero sauce. I posted the recipe for the sauce before, it is absolutely divine as a dipping sauce for jerk chicken (and you can use it as an ice cream topping for dessert, try it before you knock it).

Click on the picture for the link to the recipe:

It is f'in awesome. It starts sweet with a nice sharpness added by the ginger, then the habanero heat creeps in leaving a pleasant warmth. You can add another hab or two to make it burn more, but the jerk chicken already has some burn to it so you don't wanna over do it.

edit:

I was reading back through this thread and I missed this when pam originally posted it. Glad to hear you liked it pam and I agree with the addition of the extra hab or two, but all the "normal" (read: non-chilihead) people acted like their face was melting...

Where did you post the recipe?

Txclosetgrower said:

Huh, and I don't even consider myself much of a chilihead. Actually I'm a big ole' wussie compared to come of you guys.

cooked a t bone on the grill at my friends house down the street. rubbed on a light coating of vegetable oil and proceeded to coat the steak with blair's habanero dry rub. mmmmmmm! can't wait till i cook some steak or pork chops... :(

Liverwurst, onions, Sierra Nevada, and Kato's....

YUM

Attachments

• liverwurst.jpg
    liverwurst.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 134
Back