food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Celeste said:
I think that means, NJA, that you must just post everything you make. :P

You could post only the ones that even your wife and kids will not share...your wife was raised in the same neighborhood, yes? :onfire:

I know reading this board has raised the heat level in most of my cooking...I still dont hold a candle to you guys.

It is rare now that I have a day without peppers...:)

My wife was born and brought up in Nairobi and she is still that stiff upper lip British citizen.

Except me, none in the family is anywhere upto my level of heat tolerance.

I have my blog for posting my recipes.

NJA

Its good that you have a pepper a day. It keeps doctors away.

paulky_2000 said:
I've gone as far as taking my homemade bhut jolokia seasoning with me when going out to eat. It's rather funny to yank a spice bottle out of your pocket in a restaraunt...;)

i always take a small container of bhut powder or any whizzed-up dried hot pepper with me to eateries 'cos i've just never experienced a really satisfyingly hot curry anywhere.
it is a fact that other diners get curious & tend to stare over when you whip it out (oo-er!)

Firecracker Shrimp

Just finished eating a bunch of this! Nice burn and got me sweating a bit. Very tasty and was even approved by my g/f who hates shrimp.

Ingredients

firecracker-shrimp-ingredients-02.jpg

Sauce made of rice wine, rice vinegar, srirocha, cayenne flakes, sugar, and soya sauce

firecracker-shrimp-sauce-03jpg.jpg

Cooking in wok

firecracker-shrimp-in-wok-06.jpg

Finished product

firecracker-shrimp-01.jpg

What's the green? Celery or bell peppers?

Either way, that looks great! The sauce looks awesome as well. I'm not a huge shrimp fan but I'd definitely eat that.

Thanks for all the kind replies guys! I've posted the recipe in the meals section with a rather simple chicken chow mien that's been a staple comfort food in the house. It's my mother's recipe and I've only made a few minor changes to it. CLICKY THIS LINKY

paulky_2000

The picture is kinda deceptive. That's a pound of extra large shrimp there. It was enough for both me and my g/f. I love the chinese designed bowl. We picked them up at a chinese store here in town 2 for $5. Gonna have to pick up a few more for serving when we do up Asian nights.

SeeYouJimmy

I totally agree. There's got to be something wrong with her, she did choose to be with me and all ;). She's coming around to trying new foods. When we first got together she thought regular pepper was spicy! REGULAR PEPPER! Now I've got her into eating all kinds of hot indian foods and lovin' it.

xgrafcorex

Those are yellow bell peppers. They have add and interesting flavor and texture to the dish.

Well, since I am not drinking right now. I will post this one here. I had my fill of enchiladas and felt like something different. I realized that I have some hot Italian sausages that were begging for a beer bath. So here they are. Some onion, red bell, and serrano all into the cast iron to brown a bit then the beer bath. Finally some spicy mustard and srirachi and a couple of slices of muenster cheese and under the broiler they go.

100_5448.jpg

100_5449.jpg

100_5450.jpg

Very nice snausages looking all sporty like! My mouth's watering on that! Alas, no snausage for moi.....I gotta' make some crab and cream cheese rangoons for mrs. blues.

Nice one again Jay!

Ohhh fried raviolis TB!

Pics!!!

Back