• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Just did up some Grilled Spicy Chicken. It's a Thai dish that uses chicken breast, shallots, thai red's, tamarind, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon grass, garlic and ginger. Add in the veggies and sprinkle with some kosher salt and soy sauce for the rice. It's not hot, but it has enough to make my nose run. Add to that a beer I pinched and it's good enough for the girls I date ;) :lol:

spicy-chicken-001.jpg

(Fact is....I eat very healthy too...it's just when I admit it here on this forum, I take a beating!!)

Anyway....like I was saying....heat up the chicken fat and toss in the bacon and cheese....

texas blues said:
(Fact is....I eat very healthy too...it's just when I admit it here on this forum, I take a beating!!)

Anyway....like I was saying....heat up the chicken fat and toss in the bacon and cheese....

Yea the ol' lady wants me to eat healthy. Said she wants me around for a long time. I figure it's because she gets so much pleasure from naggin me and wants to continue doing it for years to come. Oh sure women will point out the fact that married men live substantially longer than single men, but that doesn't mean that married men don't WANT to die earlier...

paulky_2000 said:
Let me get this straight....

you pinched a beer? :lol:

That looks wonderful, B!

Yep, I pinched a beer. I guess I could've also said pilfer, filch, or purloin. They're all pretty fitting ;).

texas browns eats healthy whaaaa?? Oh yeah, veggie tacos ;)

texas blues said:
Bastard! THP I will post pics of saute'd squash just to piss you off! I mean it!!

Squash is nice...

I LOVE zucchini on the grill in the summertime......good stuff.....goes with damn near anything!

I like vegetables too as long as they are surrounded by a mountain of cheese and a big ole pile of glorious MEAT!

What happened to Mr. Chicken Fried Bacon Cheeseburger... what happened? :tear:

Once texas blues, now texas browns, say it ain't texas greens!

Here's the beginnings of the Orange Beef. It starts with a roast. I made a paste in the food processor of tomato paste, orange juice concentrate, garlic cloves, ginger, brown sugar, srirachi, and five spice powder. Put the roast in a plastic bag with the paste mixture and let marinate for two days. Tonight I took it out browned it on the stovetop, removed it and added onions, carrots, bell pepper, jalapeno, potato slices, and broccoli to the pot with a little more of the orange juice concentrate and a box of chicken broth. Scraped all the yum yums from the bottom of the pot and brought to a simmer. Added the roast back in and popped the whole thing into the oven at 425F. After an hour I lowered the temp to 325F and letting it go for another 90 minutes. Here's where we are so far.

100_0185.jpg

Your honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I will have ya'll know, Sunday night I grilled a 16 oz dry aged ribeye and a 16 oz dry aged filet for mrs. blues. I had the leftover steakness for dinner as did mrs. blues. My reputation and love for meat is unquestionable. My piccy's posted throughout my tenure here at THP speak for themselves.
Furthermore, at no time have I attempted to post vegan piccy's of anykind or associate those with known vegan tendency's that would undermine the reputation of the forum.
In summation, I ask the court for a complete and utter dismissal of the charges and the removal of the Turd Toupee'. It doesn't fit right on my head and as you know.................
If it don't fit....you MUST acquit!!

Back