food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Blister I made it last week after finding the peppercorns and I personally didn't like the flavor,I think I was a bit heavy handed or perhaps I should have powdered them.Or BOTH!I'd love to hear your technique it sure lookes good!

and the rest of the family gets-
growstuff015.jpg

leftover chicken, salad, the new HBD hot sauce for one and fatali for the other.

(Mel, they don't know what I had for dinner, they were in the office LOL!)

HSL= Hot salsalady ;) thanks paulky!

scoville said:
Blister I made it last week after finding the peppercorns and I personally didn't like the flavor,I think I was a bit heavy handed or perhaps I should have powdered them.Or BOTH!I'd love to hear your technique it sure lookes good!

I didn't mind the flavor, but there were times where it was a bit much. I think the next time I make it I'll reduce the amount a slight bit and give them a quick run through the bean grinder. They might not be too bad if you bust them up a bit like you suggest. Give them a course grind so you don't bite into a whole peppercorn.

mel said:
Salsalady - your nacho's are making me hungry!

Blister - that chicken looks awesome.. I'd also appreciate it if you posted the recipe :D

Pepperfreak said:
SL, that salad and nachos look great!

Blister that Kung Pao chicken is simply out of this world! Could you please post the recipe?

By popular request, the recipe is posted HERE

thanks for posting the recipe! It really looks fantastic! I'll be giving this one a go when I can source all the ingredients!

You got spicy nachos and they got leftovers. You win!

thehotpepper.com said:
You got spicy nachos and they got leftovers. You win!

Thanks, I was laughing the whole time I was making their dishes. LOL Win for Me!

The way I see it, if they don't wanna help, they get what I give 'em and they better not complain! Actually, they don't complain too much and the 11 year old boy loves tomatoes, and is now eating lots of green salads with Italian dressing. I'm happy about that.

salsalady said:
Thanks, I was laughing the whole time I was making their dishes. LOL Win for Me!

The way I see it, if they don't wanna help, they get what I give 'em and they better not complain! Actually, they don't complain too much and the 11 year old boy loves tomatoes, and is now eating lots of green salads with Italian dressing. I'm happy about that.

Hey HSL.....are you teaching your son to cook?

Yes, Paulky, he loves to make things in the kitchen.

He can make banana bread and cookies by himself, following the recipe, smoothies, he's in charge of adding "whatever he wants" to the ground beef for hamburgers, shaping the burgers and he helps grill the burgers. He makes a really mean Top Ramen! He likes to add a few drops of Hot Chili Sesame Oil to it. He can do grilled cheese, fried eggs, boiled eggs, and sometimes I get him to help prep with me for dinner.

OH! and his masterpiece is tuna salad with onions, celery, and pickles which he chops up by himself. He's been making the tuna salad for about 4 years now.

One time, right after I'd received some bhut jolokia powder, he was doing the burgers and got a little carried away with Mom's new powder. YIKES!

He still needs a little work on the Cleaning Up part of the process, but one thing at a time....;) Couple more years, I might just let him do ALL the cooking!

What about your girls? Any interest in the kitchen?

I thought paulky had twin boys. He's got girls too?

thehotpepper.com said:

UH OH! I thought they were girls!

Paulky??????

salsalady said:
Yes, Paulky, he loves to make things in the kitchen.

He can make banana bread and cookies by himself, following the recipe, smoothies, he's in charge of adding "whatever he wants" to the ground beef for hamburgers, shaping the burgers and he helps grill the burgers. He makes a really mean Top Ramen! He likes to add a few drops of Hot Chili Sesame Oil to it. He can do grilled cheese, fried eggs, boiled eggs, and sometimes I get him to help prep with me for dinner.

OH! and his masterpiece is tuna salad with onions, celery, and pickles which he chops up by himself. He's been making the tuna salad for about 4 years now.

One time, right after I'd received some bhut jolokia powder, he was doing the burgers and got a little carried away with Mom's new powder. YIKES!

He still needs a little work on the Cleaning Up part of the process, but one thing at a time....;) Couple more years, I might just let him do ALL the cooking!

What about your girls? Any interest in the kitchen?

Silver likes to cook but not so much since she HAS to!! LOLOL!!!

The boys are much more interested at this point and help all the time. They even make ME dinne sometimes!

thehotpepper.com said:

I have twin boys (13)

and an 19 year old daughter who has moved out....;)

salsalady said:
UH OH! I thought they were girls!

Paulky??????
: paulky wonders why SL has not looked at paulky's pics of the twins cooking :mope: :

:oops::oops::oops:

MY BAD! I remember some comment about the twins getting sillier, somehow I thought they were silly teenage girls.

SORRY!!!

thehotpepper.com said:
: paulky wonders why SL has not looked at paulky's pics of the twins cooking :mope: :

where's that? Profile page? I'll go looking~~~

salsalady said:
:oops::oops::oops:

MY BAD! I remember some comment about the twins getting sillier, somehow I thought they were silly teenage girls.

SORRY!!!

You have no reason to applogise.....it's all good!

I'll tell Brandon and Bradley you thought they were girls......

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

SL, look for potato salad shooting and you'll see one, or both, not sure. That's a good vid lol.

Back