• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Hey there ImpyChick, haven't seen you here lately. I figured someone would have posted about Taco Bell giving out a free taco today for everyone since someone stole a base in the World Series.

Aww, I've been missed, eh? Nice :cool:. Yeah a couple weeks ago I was made a moderator on another board I frequent so I've been spending a lot of time there flexing my mod muscles :). But I still love browsing here when I can!!!

Made a pot of Habanero baked beans.
Soaked a pound of pintos overnight, then simmered them until tender.
2 cups of spicy hot V-8
1 chopped onion
12 red and orange habs
oregano
cumin
salt & pepper
cider vinegar
dry mustard
brown sugar
molasses
couple ounces of dark ale.
5 hours in a 250 degree oven.

Oh, baby.

A friend & I went walking in the park today because it was beautiful out. Lots of people were there, & grills were fired up. I decided to make burgers. I got a pound of ground sirloin & mixed in some Da Bomb & worchestershire sauce. OMG...I got a lil overzealous on adding Da Bomb. My burgers are FIREY...and don't taste that great :shocked:.

OK, noteed, dont use 4 bhut jolokia's for taco mix...

Dammm.

KK, hard to breathe..., used 3/4 lb beef, 1/2 can of hormel pork no-bean chile, 1/2 onion, 2tbs garlic, bunch of taco seasoning, 1 tsp of cayenne, 1/8 cup of sambal olek, s&p, and 4 minced up pickled Bhut's.

These: http://www.darkgrid.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=64

S6302002.JPG

Good god.

May have used too much Bhut.

all cooked in, and wow....eyesight is bit blurred, nose..running, cant really talk good.

Good sheet.

Made burrtos with thqt and some chipotle cheddar.

S6302003.JPG

I'm an idiot. ;)

hot. ANd, only ate 1/2 of one burrito..I made two.

Can't feel tougue now, so I figure is good an hot.

Ya, face is kinda frelled...thraot is pretty much numb now, but not sneezing..yay.

^%%$# hot.

Nice.

edit: cheeks actually hurt now..rest is pretty numb...eyesweat is burning too

Yeehaww..cept i only finished one burrito...awwww. Damn.

It's stoopid hot. Good thing I left out the Scorpion, eh?

*edit*

K, ate all but like 2" of the 2nd burrito...can't finish..stoopid hot.

(it's hard rolling ciggy's cuz I can't see through fogg glasses...)

Damn, I putt leftovers in fridge..more thna i thought..and ya, it'll get hotter overnight as it melds with the grease...I'm sOOO dead. Aieeee!

Now for Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

-Q

Yes, I'm a chilehead test dummy...

WHat did I do? I used the last of my burrito to wipe the dregs of chili meat outa the pan rather than wash it out.

Damn. silly me..it's pure oils and stoopid hot sheet mixed. OWWWW.

And I'd just stopped swaeting too..drat.

Man, I hope i can get to sleep tonight...it's 1:53AM and stuff is burning again cuz I'm a idjit...lol

WHeeeeee!

QuadShotz said:
May have used too much Bhut.

4? MAY have used too much?????? MAY????????

Hey c'mon, you knew this would be insanely hot! Thumbs up for exploring your limits and sharing it with us though!

Your morning must've been pure pleasure!!!! :lol:

Chiliac said:
4? MAY have used too much?????? MAY????????

Hey c'mon, you knew this would be insanely hot! Thumbs up for exploring your limits and sharing it with us though!

Your morning must've been pure pleasure!!!! :D

haha thx!

Currently watching Smallville, made natchos wit that meat, was jus hurty, so now using torts to wrap that up into burritto.

Natch, i used habanero jack cheese.

If you train her that hard, she'll be munching 7Pots in a few weeks - IF it takes that long!

Yeah, this is what you people are like, you always need to take others with you on your way to misery! :lol:

Chicken just came out of the oven. I'll shred that and add diced onion, red hatch enchilada sauce, garlic and jack and cheddar cheeses. Wrap the stuffing up in flour tortillas, cover with more sauce and cheese and bake till golden gooey. I'd have a douche of hot sauce or chili's in it but my gal requested it and when the queen speaks.....tsk..tsk..alas..she's not a pepper person.

While I am waiting for the chix to cool, I have some garlic and onions simmering in a sauce pan and will add diced romas, red bell, anahiem, jalapeno, and orange hab peppers, tom paste, cilantro, brown sugar, sea salt and fresh pepper, and pineapple for salsa. I am pretty much addicted to this stuff.

I have a sixer of AK Golden Ale and a sixer of AK Amber chillin' for tonight's boxing viewing and culinary festivities. (Calzahge vs. Jones).

Might post some dirty love pics of the enchi's...

Cheers ya'll, TB.

A meal - No, an Ingredient: Dried Nagas from billyboy. I got a jar similar to the one shown in the Stillmanz Wing eating Comp. video - eating them with everything. sandwiches, dinner..late night snack i brew up a beef cup-a-soup and crush half a dried pod into that...oooo yeah

thanks BB

The boys away for the w/end with grand-parents So for me was a couple of whiskeys (black label beam) and a few fried lamb chops with some Stillmanz 7-pot sauce.

0000966ac1.jpg

Was great all over mouth heat for first minute or 2, then the throat burn, a good natural rough burn with smooth flavour. Just on the verge of being too hot for a good 5 mins after eating.
I have a new favourite sauce :)

I made some diced chicken with blair's nitro, a chopped naga, hoi sin sauce, some cream, habanero powder, lethal ingestion.
and some rice to that. might have been one of the best meals I've had!
was just great, first it was kind of sweet then salty and then the heat kicked in, and you could feel the hab taste all way through. was great heat but not too overwhelming, just.. nice!

Ok...

Started by Sautéing some Onion, Sliced Garlic, and a medium-size pickled green Bhut Jolokia in EVOO until the onions were just about translucent.

Then, added two eggs, added a dash of black pepper, cayenne, chipotle and chile powders and cooked for about 1-2 mins, then flipped it over, added more S&P, and chile powder. (yes, it is a lot of chilepowder use..but this particular one is very mild in both heat and flavor, so it needs a lot)

Put on a slice of turkey ham and sharp cheddar cheese, then covered and let it cook until the cheese was melted. Turned off heat and let it sit still covered while I got the toast and such ready.

(covering allows steam to both warm the ham and melt the cheese without burning the eggs.)

Put that on big slice of 12-grain toast that had been toastin' while i did the eggs.

On the toast I put my standard mix of Hellman's Mayo, Plochman's Stone Ground Mustard, and Siriracha.

Sprinkled with a bit more chile powder and Pepper, and Voila!

S6302012.JPG

Ham was nice and warm, eggs perfectly cooked..just a bit runny inside, and hot as hell from cooking in Bhut EVOO... ;-)

I was still sweating after about 6 mins, and a nice all over burn from the combo of chillis. Cooking the eggs in the oil that had sauteed the onion/garlic/bhut make it ALL super-hot and delicious....Naga taste in every bite...woohoo!

Only took about 5 minutes to make....so no excuuses for not having a good starter, eh?

I call it breakfast.
knife-fork-smiley.gif

-QS

Back