• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

not a meal, but a snack plate rather...

these were something my wife made way back when, in Girlscouts,
Peanut butter or cream cheese on celery, except they used raisins and called them "ants on a log"
I used dried Chacoense peppers and call them ; "fire ants on a log"   :fire:
next we have what ive been calling 'prosciutto shooters'
these are pickled peppadew peppers but you can use any stuffable size pickled mild pepper
Peppadew stuffed with baby mozzarella and prosciutto 

kzDaZUC.jpg

rzubc6C.jpg

:cheers: 

Oh man!

Where'd you get that linguica?

Very good stuff.

In Honolulu at Mickey Dee's.

You can get breakfast with linquica, eggs, and rice!

That bun though...

Not really burnt I reckon.

Just scrape off until you get to the color that you like.

Mrs. G.I.P.'s Taco salad or gourmet Nacho bowl or whatever you want to call it to make it sound even more delicious :D

YGSt1i5.jpg
leftover pulled pork, taco sauce, and couple spoon fulls of homemade salsa 

94b0ogT.jpg

All crisped up  :drooling:

lL5GGKQ.jpg

Layer 1 Doritos 

kN6IHZ4.jpg
layer 2 Shredded romaine lettuce (this part makes it a "salad" :shh: )

pMtQAlZ.jpg

Layer 3 meat and Cotija cheese

Y2rWKTQ.jpg
Layer 4 black beans and previously frozen hatch chilies 

xL80DmH.jpg
layer 5 mas Cotija 

fsTpclm.jpg

:beer:
I kinda stopped counting and just piled on the rest of the ingredients  :metal:
we've got; 6th layer is a Mashup of Salsa w extra tomato red onion more chips sour cream avocado and Warrant Man hot sauce  :hotsauce:  Aggravated Assault 
svqUgpO.jpg
Dinner is ready...

You've been served.

thanks again for the hot sauce Reggie, it paired excellently with this "salad"  :cool:

BBQ Pork and  Aji Oro Chokecherry Shrimp Skewers over Rice

there was also a 'Texas style' Chipotle BBQ :hotsauce: sauce all the way from Oz used but somehow didn't get included in the pic's  :beer: oops

X3u6xTD.jpg
The shrimps took on a beautiful purple hue from the chokecherry juice in the Aji Oro/Chokecherry Jelly in the marinade  {courtesy of Stettoman}  Thanks Stetto  :cool:

aLYRLyQ.jpg

ZJfOzuc.jpg

The pork was sticky sweet with just a tiny touch of heat, I probably didn't need to add the caramelized onion glaze, but it tasted delicious ! {Thank you Shorerider :cool: }

Thanks again Guys 
you both rock 
PPATB  :metal:

Man, that is some yummy lookin' stuff, GIP! The Aji Oros didn't come in this last season, but the Turbos are akin, I think. My big "haul" was Rocoto Rojo, the resulting jelly didn't gel as well as I'd like, but the few recipients I've turned some onto have found it a fantastic ice cream topping! Hadn't even thought of it, but if I had ice cream right now I'd be nom-nomming and getting larger...The versatility you display is inspiring!

Hint for future consideration: slather it on a burger instead of jala jelly, I DARE YA!

Not cooked, but definitely spicy.
RahiCEN.jpg

Hot Sopressa, Pepper crusted mild Salami, Hot Twiggy sticks (now these packed some serious heat for a supermarket deli), Prosciutto, Pepperoni, Brie, Vintage cheese (forgot which type), semi dried tomatoes, Marinated green and Kalamata olives, water crackers, sourdough slices and Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz to finish off.

Shorerider said:
Not cooked, but definitely spicy.
RahiCEN.jpg

Hot Sopressa, Pepper crusted mild Salami, Hot Twiggy sticks (now these packed some serious heat for a supermarket deli), Prosciutto, Pepperoni, Brie, Vintage cheese (forgot which type), semi dried tomatoes, Marinated green and Kalamata olives, water crackers, sourdough slices and Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz to finish off.

That is one beautiful spread.

And the Penfolds is an excellent choice.

To wash it down.

That would be an outstanding shore lunch.

While catch and release fly fishing.

Then enjoy a Macanudo and take a nap.

In a hammock next to the river.

Waiting for the next hatch.

And the trout to rise.

Stuff to dream about.

Back