• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Burgers. Mixed the meat with crushed red chilis. topped one with habanero cheese, grilled green oinons and chipotle slam hot sauce. topped the other with phili cream cheese and diced Jalapenos.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzI0LTAwMTU1LmpwZw.jpg

Pureed some Douglah & Orange Habs with fresh tomatoes, onions, pineapple, peaches & honey then basted some gator meat on the grille with it. It was some sweet heat gator meat! Served it up with some homemade jambalaya & cornbread. Was Good Yea!

Pureed some Douglah & Orange Habs with fresh tomatoes, onions, pineapple, peaches & honey then basted some gator meat on the grille with it. It was some sweet heat gator meat! Served it up with some homemade jambalaya & cornbread. Was Good Yea!

That sounds friggen awesome!!! Gimme a good reason to go pay a premium for some gator meat. Never cooked it, but I have eaten it. Does it have to be cooked well like chicken or more like pork or beef. hate to pay good money and over cook the hell out of it.

That sounds friggen awesome!!! Gimme a good reason to go pay a premium for some gator meat. Never cooked it, but I have eaten it. Does it have to be cooked well like chicken or more like pork or beef. hate to pay good money and over cook the hell out of it.

Internal temp 160F, I like to soak it in whole milk over night to get any "game taste" out and it seems to help tenderize the meat too. I like to cook it slow too, don't rush it. I pay $3.00lb where I am at.. Not sure if that's expensive or not. How much is it where you are?

Never, EVER post about gator and not post pics. That's the rules.

Internal temp 160F, I like to soak it in whole milk over night to get any "game taste" out and it seems to help tenderize the meat too. I like to cook it slow too, don't rush it. I pay $3.00lb where I am at.. Not sure if that's expensive or not. How much is it where you are?

I live north of Boston almost in NH. I know of one place that sells it and if I recall its def more than 10 a lb, maybe more than 15. I will prob just use your recipe and make some pork with it.

Yesterday I marinated a couple Albacore steaks in two different, way-too-hot Habanero sauces I made recently. One was a peach-hab and the other was bell pepper/onion/carrots. Marinated for 2 hours then dried on a paper towel, rubbed with sea salt and a pinch of black pepper, and seared on high for 1-2 minutes on each side to leave the very center rare. Threw them with some stir fry made with a handful of fresh Thai Bird's Eye peppers as well as a homemade Thai Chili Garlic stir fry sauce. I was curious to see how something like albacore would be marinated in hot sauce and it was genuinely exquisite, I think it was important not to marinade them too long, the heat was plenty detectable but did overwhelm the subtle albacore.

-Phil

Marinated some chicken in italian dressing and diced habaneros. Then I chopped the chicken into nuggets, miced the italian dressing with Oatmeal buttermilk pancake mix and bourbon. dredged the chicken, battered and fried. Realized after the first couple came out of the pan that they werent quite hot enough so I added some death rain nitro to everything to kick it up. Not too shabby.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzI2LTAwMTYwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzI2LTAwMTYxLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzI2LTAwMTYyLmpwZw.jpg

Shrimp and wahoo ceviche, with smoked yellow chinense flakes and mangos;Main course was Kebabs 6-8 count shrimp ,red/yellow bell pepper,sweet onions,pineapple chunks with Heartbreaking Dawn's Dry Jerk Seasoning, drizzled with some sauce made of yellow 7 pots/pineapple /mango......with sweet potatoes and brown rice.....
and icey cold Shiner!

Oh geez-that made me REALLY hungry- that was my last meal at home a few days ago.

Oh Impy! I eat chicken about once a year but I would seriously mao on those thighs, which are my favorite part of the chicken. Chix thighs are THE flavor of the bird period. Do your 'thang girl!

Shrimp and wahoo ceviche, with smoked yellow chinense flakes and mangos;Main course was Kebabs 6-8 count shrimp ,red/yellow bell pepper,sweet onions,pineapple chunks with Heartbreaking Dawn's Dry Jerk Seasoning, drizzled with some sauce made of yellow 7 pots/pineapple /mango......with sweet potatoes and brown rice.....
and icey cold Shiner!

Oh geez-that made me REALLY hungry- that was my last meal at home a few days ago.

Dude, you gotta' post pics or as they say...it never happened. Shrimp and wahoo ceviche sounds like awesometown though. Send me some! I could eat ceviche for breakfast!

Dude, you gotta' post pics or as they say...it never happened. Shrimp and wahoo ceviche sounds like awesometown though. Send me some! I could eat ceviche for breakfast!
I will have to post a pic next time- didn't come across this thread before, or I would've!All I have to remember it by now is mouth that wants more, but wont get none for a few more weeks....but I did make a pile of the 7 pot pineapple/mango sauce...
about a gallon and a 1/2,so at least there's that! :onfire: ;)!

I will have to post a pic next time- didn't come across this thread before, or I would've!All I have to remember it by now is mouth that wants more, but wont get none for a few more weeks....but I did make a pile of the 7 pot pineapple/mango sauce...
about a gallon and a 1/2,so at least there's that! :onfire: ;)!

I have no idea what you just said.

True story.

Last night I made chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, cheese and
diced habaneros:

habstuffedchicken1.jpg

and topped with spices and then wrapped in prosciutto:

habstuffedchickenprosciutto.jpg

The one on the right is for the wife, who likes neither habaneros nor
prosciutto. Boring!

Meat loaf coated with some of Buddy's smoked congo flakes ,along with sauteed Poblano/Anaheim/onions both topped with some datil sauce....and a side of rice pilaf with diced fresh Aji Limon.(grow from seeds,also from Buddy)
IMG_09941.jpg

tsk. tsk. tsk. geeme, you of all people know the rules. We know you have the skills. You're good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like you, but.....where's the PICS!!

Back