• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

I made some pulled chicken pasta sauce the other night with some sort of red habenero from the local super that was suprisingly hot.

^You talkin to me? :)

Here is some jerk shrimp served with seaweed salad and steamed romesco. No rice or taters because I had fried scallops w/ fries for lunch and still had that cement in my belly. Hope that makes up for my other posts that are picless.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 65
I like to be liking your shrimps.

Is that Broccoflower in the background? Yum. I love that stuff.

Hold the Salty Sea lettuce tho.

Phew glad I can be of service.

That is romesco. Kind of a cross between broc and cauliflower. I actually didn't eat that much of it mostly the "salty lettuce". I try to eat as much seaweed salad as I can, very healthy:)

Last night was turkey chilli with fatalli peppers. I couldn't help but add more of my jerk sauce, I'm addicted! The finished product pic is in a very small pot since I left all my broiler proof bowls at work. But I am a man I eat out of pots, so what?

Attachments

• IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 72
hell yes elk is my favorite!

adam thats also a very nice looking pot,id eat the whole thangand then be mad cause there was no more.

SmokingCaterpillarcropped2.jpg

Sicman slap that in a bag, in a flat rate and ship it!!!!!! I have jasmine rice here, but no elk chili. Lucky you!!!! Looks like a nice little meal of leftovers.

Here is some spicy stuff I been eatin. Bluefish with a spicy rub and medium home made salsa pasta salad on the side. Thai stir fry with lots o seafood.

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 59
Not the latest thing I cooked but I have to share...

TURKEY'S REVENGE!

A new tradition is to take leftover turkey from Real Thanksgiving (north of the border) and make the most screamiest hot pot of turkey chile I can. And then feed it to unsuspecting guest... The first to give out and get a glass of milk is known as the Turkey's Fool for the rest of the year or until the next batch.

This years Revenge was made with copious amounts of Pensey's and Mild Bills chili powders (double what I would normally use), 4 Dorset Naga's, several Jalapeno's, a lonely Bhut Jolokia, pureed chipotle, 1 tbsp of Blairs Mega Death, 1 tbsp of Dave's Insanity, 2-3 tbsp of Tabasco Chipotle sauce (nectar of the gods) and a splash of my homemade cayenne sauce for flavor.

The real revenge actually comes after. The mixture of heat and lubricating spices gives roughly a 2-12 hr fuse before everyone goes screaming to the washroom :)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B69v0aWJAe1RV2lvQmFWZXBBalk

I didn't think there were any left after dinner, but there were, so here are a few of the chicken thighs my son made for dinner tonight - chicken thighs slathered with CAJohn's BBQ sauce then wrapped in bacon and slapped in the CI. The pic doesn't do them justice, but so good!

P1010356.JPG

Back