• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

cochinita marinading with some pineapple cause why not. Soon as I can get some banana leaves in the morning it's going into the smoker till the sun goes down. 

Got rained out yesterday so the country style poke' went straight into the crock pot. 

Made up some red slaw with rice wine vinegar and mando'd some spudley's, gavem' a bath in queso and baked.

A little man gravy for the pulled porkage and some of Rocketman's Captain's Sauce for the queso spuds.

Tres bon!

Crap. 

I must have taken the pic before hitting the spuds with RM's sauce as I don't see it.

But it was all good porky spudley hotness.

Trust.

Crock pot, oven with a pot of boiling water alongside the meat, it's all good when it rains. One day I will go visit my home state again, and MAYBE I'll give you some warning to be expecting a knock on the door - I'll be looking for that dish!

My 12 qt CI Dutch Oven Chile. This one just has serrano,jalepeno and chili powder. Now that I'm into the super hot chilies and powders I will take 1/2 of my next batch and place it into another DO with some super-hots. Here is my recipe below

[SIZE=12pt]3  to 3 1/2 lbs. coarse ground beef   
3 chopped bell peppers- I like the yellow,orange and red  
2 large chopped onions   
saute' above in a little olive oil  
3 TBS chili powder   
1 TBS paprika – smoked if you like the flavor
2 TBS cumin   
2 TBS brown sugar   
1 t oregano   
1 TBS Tabasco or your favorite substitute. I make my own version
1 TBS salt   
1 can beef broth   
1- 14.5 oz. can tomato puree   
1- 14.5 oz. can chopped tomatoes or I like fresh if available.  
2- 14.5 oz. cans red or black beans (optional) I like both  
3 ozs. tequila optional  
1 TBS minced garlic   
1 cup or can chopped chili peppers   
2 whole hot jalapinas and serrano (remove after amount of heat is to your liking)    

[/SIZE]

Attachments

• chile.jpg
    chile.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 38
Shredded beef and cheese enchiladas:

Rubbed the beef with 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning (mine), 1 Teaspoon cumin, and 3/4 Teaspoon smoked Red Bhut Jolokia powder (mine), seared in 2 Tablespoons EVOO -
P1040838.JPG

Put meat in Slow Cooker and top with sweet onion and minced garlic (I cheated and used garlic from a jar) -
P1040840.JPG

Added beef broth, chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and deglazed pan, poured sauce and 8 Brigit Locoto peppers that I received from Mr. J. Hill (Romy6)  to Slow Cooker -
P1040847.JPG

Out of the Slow Cooker -
P1040853.JPG

Assembling them with the shredded beef, Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheese -
P1040856.JPG

Ready to go -
P1040863.JPG

Thanks for looking.

TJP

Looks awesome G! 
We've been eating a lot of seared ahi lately. 
I use Alton Brown's technique of filling a chimney starter of charcoal, putting the grates directly on top of that, and searing it on near-nuclear heat. 
Just a few seconds per side. Worth a try, it gives good char taste, while preserving the rareness in the inside. 
I do it with ahi tuna steaks, I can't afford the premium loin, and it works just fine.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chimney-tuna-loin-recipe3.html

Admittedly, I intentionally cooked these longer than I normally like, as I was uncertain about them. They came in a package of 6 individually vacuum-packed frozen steaks, not labeled as sushi-grade. I'm just not 100% impressed with my grocer (not the worst by any means, just not quite "there" though), so I decided against going rare. They might well be fine rare, I just didn't want to risk finding out the hard way, especially after just getting over a week-long virus. Still, I'm glad I went with adding the ginger syrup. That was my lazy mimic of ginger sorbet which is also an excellent match with tuna, just a tad less sweet. Plate-lickin' good!

Grilled some country style pork ribs last night and a tri-tip. Both had dry rub marinade for 24 hours which included extra amounts of cracked black pepper, my jalapeno and habanero powder that I made in my dehydrator and a special rub I made that takes the place of montreal steak seasoning. Mine is much better  :drooling:

Attachments

• Ribs.jpg
    Ribs.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Tri-Tip.jpg
    Tri-Tip.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 46
JHP recently sent me some powder. @JoynersHotPeppers that powder is legit. Used some in a pot of red beans and rice the other night, but this was even better. Balsamic/dijon pork loin hit with some JHP's superhot mix, along with garlic/red pepper broccoli and jalapeno cheese grits.

10441071_10101124855512537_1406321340451156050_n.jpg

Fiddy's Father's Day Fun!!!

I have 2 beautiful children. My dad lives half a mile a way. My father in law lives 4 miles away. Mother's day around here sucks. 
Father's day is much more relaxed...but we go ahead and celebrate it in my home the day before, otherwise it gets too busy. Today was great!!!

To honor myself, I decided to drink a bunch of beer and go crazy on the grill. I deserve it. 

My kids got me a thing to make poppers on the grill. Kind of a novelty thing, not the way I'm used to making poppers, but I wanted to give it a try. 
So instead of bacon wrapped penos, I stuffed them with lil smokeys and cream cheese, and hot smoked the peppers on the grill. 
This was a great twist on the popper as I know it!!!

Why stop there? 
I smoked some fresh mahi mahi. I always cut the blood-line out, so I end up with strips of fish...and they take to smoke well. 
Brined in salt and brown sugar solution before hitting the smoker. 
Made it into my favorite fish dip recipe, using diced fresh peno, grated onion, cream cheese and milk (no mayonnaise). 
We serve our fish dip down here with saltines and pickled peno slices (and capers), sippin on a light beer. 

Sat by the pool with jammin' tunes on, kids splashin' around, mommy and I catchin a little buzz....Father's day is great! 

Mahi Smokin
14443026193_6a488b1a2f_b.jpg

'Penos Envy
14236200109_a98b73c947_b.jpg

Fish Dip about to be smooshed
14236201259_8aaf95e1fc_b.jpg

Get the steel drums ready!
14236246818_10b7659655_b.jpg

A new smokey way to do poppers!
14421561052_0a2bfa46e3_b.jpg

Busch Light in a Pimp Cup!
14421561802_f209a9c2b6_b.jpg