favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

Pr0digal_son said:
C.tovarii is putting on up to 15 pods per node. Still hasn't dropped a single flower yet.
RSCN5491.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Hey Nightshade I'll get get the sasbe sent off to you Tuesday, When I get back in town, I have to see my VA doctor for some Blood work and a couple of other things, just to see how things are going.
God that Tovarii is great looking are the pods Hot?
Some of the really strange wild ones don't have any heat and have the soft flesh gene that causes the pods to be more like soft berries than pepper pods.n Oh Yes Nightshade I checked with NMSU are not selling any of the wild species other than the Chiltepin pepper.  
Too bad as I was hoping to get some Flexuosum and Lanceolatum seeds I checked the seed place in Spain and though they have lanceolatum they don't have any C. flexuosum.
Does any one know of a place that has a few of the wild ones like flexuosum, lanceolatum, Schottianum and Bufforum I know this are the rarest of the rare, but if I don't ask I will never know if they are out there, I do know that Flexuosum and Lanceolatum is out there along with maybe Bufforum although there is some speculation if it is really a true Bufforum.
So that leaves Schottianum and one described one that reportedly has 20 flowers per node and copper colored flowers this plant is supposedly comes from Madre de Dios, in Peru. If they are out there some one must know someone that might have seeds of it.
It would be great to find seeds of these peppers as they are in danger of going extinct in the wild, and I would be happy to trade or buy some of their seeds.

Good, at least one out of the group is alive... Mine was drying out so I watered it.  Let it soak for about 10 min.  Next day its drooping bad and that was last wed.  Losing leaves now.  I HATE THIS PLANT!!!!!!!!  

If anyone grows out true C.parvifolium I will trade trade 5 seeds of every variety I own for them! I am currently growing the bacc var. bacc that is floating around,but I want the real one. I am not even sure if it can legally be acquired?? Anyone have new info on this species?

Nightshade said:
I do not know if I have the real ones or not but if you would like to try them pson just hit me up.
Post up the flowers when they get bigger and we can trade if they are real. I hope someone gets lucky and gets them. I have seen pics of their true form and I want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back