• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
This is interesting... "Mixed superhot" from Jungle Rain.

imageuea.jpg

Looks a bit like a Brazillian :drooling:

Should be nice and tasty when she grows up.

Micca

Best of luck with the upcoming season everyone. I've been really slack and didn't get around to planting any seeds so I'll just have to pop in here from time to time for a look.
Its not too late!

Jimmy, I concur with Neil that it isn't too late to sow seeds.

I haven't sowed anything yet as it hasn't been all that warm and I still haven't sorted out what will live on from last season.

It has been warm enough for some Orange Rocoto seedlings to sprout under one of my plants in the garden with no help from myself.

Most plants that I wish to grow belong to C. Chinense and I have noted that last seasons plants still aren't doing much.

Hi Stone, just got to mention what is in the superhot mix is anything that I grew this season , all were superhot C. Chinense. Except for 2 x C. Annuum varieties (I tried to keep the packs all superhots but a couple of C. Annuums could have gotten by????) these were Hot Fish and Biker Billy Jalapenos.
That top seedling is looking like a C. Annuum but the one below it is looking like a Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta de Neyde?

This is interesting... "Mixed superhot" from Jungle Rain.

imageuea.jpg

Sorry, I was just referring to the middle one, the others could be my other known seeds. I was just surprised to see black/dark purple leaves :) I had 10 of your mixed superhots sprout out of 13 or so and am really keen to see what they all end up being.

[edit]
The top is Jalapeno Early and the middle and bottom are your mixed ones.

Does anyone have any spare Brainstrain seeds that they've managed to sprout this year? I've gone through a whole pack and not been able to sprout 1 seed. 3 went into a ziplock bag in paper, 3 went into seed raising mix and 3 are in a sealed plastic tub sitting on wet cotton wool and I gave 3 away, all kept at 28-32C but no sprouts :(

It will be interesting to see whats in JRs mixed super hots lol but it's going to be interesting to figure out whats what out of what I've planted I have about 50-70 odd unmarked peppers :D

Reactions: nee
Does anyone have any spare Brainstrain seeds that they've managed to sprout this year? I've gone through a whole pack and not been able to sprout 1 seed. 3 went into a ziplock bag in paper, 3 went into seed raising mix and 3 are in a sealed plastic tub sitting on wet cotton wool and I gave 3 away, all kept at 28-32C but no sprouts :(
Where did you get yours from?

Jungle Rain. Just my luck that the variety I wanted to sprout the most didn't :lol:

The ones sealed in the plastic tubs sitting on cotton wool have only been there for 2 weeks so might still come up. I'm used to them sprouting within about 6-10 days when kept warm though.

Brainstrain. Is there some trick to getting them to sprout? I'm sure it's something I'm doing but I've tried 3 methods and have none left. Happy to buy more if I can actually get some to sprout :)

I've had no luck with your Douglah and CARDI either yet your Moruga, Assum, Choc Hab and Sunrise all sprouted in the same conditions along with all my other chinense varieties from other sources.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with Pepper Lovers Anaheim, Piquin, Tepin or Amish Bush, yet their Tabasco, Red Hab and Orange Hab germinate like crazy. I've been lucky with all 3 varieties from Wildfire and all 4 varieties from TheChilliMan.biz.

I have a few spare seeds Stone if you are interested.
If you shoot me a PM with your address i'll send some off to ya.
If you have a growlist send that too and i'll see what extra seeds I have that you aren't growing.

I also didn't have any luck with JR's Douglah. I hope Grants ok with me mentioning it :rolleyes:

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

For some reason I'm getting this message when trying to send my PM to you :(
The following errors were found
The member Micca302 cannot receive any new messages
This personal message has not been sent

Hey Stone no worries mate,
I'll send you more on Monday, It's all good

Brainstrain. Is there some trick to getting them to sprout? I'm sure it's something I'm doing but I've tried 3 methods and have none left. Happy to buy more if I can actually get some to sprout :)

I've had no luck with your Douglah and CARDI either yet your Moruga, Assum, Choc Hab and Sunrise all sprouted in the same conditions along with all my other chinense varieties from other sources.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with Pepper Lovers Anaheim, Piquin, Tepin or Amish Bush, yet their Tabasco, Red Hab and Orange Hab germinate like crazy. I've been lucky with all 3 varieties from Wildfire and all 4 varieties from TheChilliMan.biz.

lol, no worries Micca, I'll send you off more Douglahs too on Monday

Hey Stone no worries mate, if they didn't grow well for you I'don't mind sending some more (you too Micca)
What I always do is give the seeds a good 12 - 24hr soak in camomile tea then
bury them about 5 mm in a jiffy, my heat pad is no higher than 29c
and I wrap the whole lot up in a few towels to try and keep the temp consistant for about a week,
I get + 90% seeds sprout! For more difficult seeds or some wilds I give them a soak in
1% concentration Potassium nitrate KNO3 commonly called “saltpetre”
for 24 hours at room temperature then thoroughly rinsed the seeds in clean water............
http://www.junglerain.com.au/blog/

Thanks for the info.

I have my heatpad in an esky to keep a stable temperature. With the lid closed it gets into the low 30C range and very humid but I usually leave the lid ajar which keeps it around 27-30C depending on the ambient temperature. It does dry out much quicker though so I end up needing to moisten the soil every couple of days to keep it damp.

I have a 25kg bag of KNO3 in the shed so I might try that too with a couple of varieties :)

Thanks for the offer JR, i'm all sorted on the Douglah. I just thought you might be interested to know.
I soaked mine for 1 day in water and have had them at a constant 29Deg.C. Been about 7 weeks now.
Didn't get any germination on the Bahamian Goat either, i'll plant the rest and might grab some more if they don't sprout if thats ok?
The others have been having good germination Cheers

Micca

Some varieties are harder to germinate. I'm thinking that the douglahs are a tougher one because I've had very on off rates with some I got from THSC. Didn't get much from JRs bahamian goat either but I still have a few left for another go, (not complaining they were a freebie :). Can't seem to get nagabons to sprout. I'm at 5% for them :P

Hey Got a question for yas :) I'm thinking about planting out my seedlings although I have a few 1 degree nights coming up days are between 25-30 though would they be ok?

Back