• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your favorite album?

Shoutout to BigT- Ride the Lightning is def one of my faves

Front 242's Front by Front or Tyranny for You
Skinny Puppy's Last Rights or The Process
Nitzer Ebb's That Total Age
System of a Down- Mesmerize/Hypnotize

Hands down the Beatles white album!Let it be would be second.As of late I would definately say Mason Jennings self titled lp.

Bob Marley & The Wailers ........ Rastaman Vibration. This album influenced me greatly. I wouldn't be me .... who I am now with out having heard it.At the time I had played many styles of music in my journey thru life. The Beetles , Bob Dylan, all kinds of other rock groups , then settled back into my country roots. On my grannies radio in the kitchen I use to hear Bob Wills , Hank Williams , and all the old greats. So it was simple to start playing country swing. That was during the new Out Law trend of country music. After a while I was getting tired of lyrics about just getting drunk , or cheating , or trains. I had grown up with the Beetles and the 60's. Nothing had really changed. Color still mattered , still rumors of war ,and nobody got a money tree in the backyard.

So when I first heard Bob's lyrics I jumped for joy. A new voice talking about what was important issues in the world, at least to me.On this album Bob's lyrics were matched by an extended band of musicians. The Barrett brothers driving the beat , Earl "Chinna" Smith on guitar , Tyrone Downey on keyboards , the US guitarist Al Anderson . When Bob said "play it funky mother ------" that's who he was talking to. Then the horn section !! With all respect to them ..... I've forgotten their names ( old age ) and would have to pull an album to list them. For me this was a super album. I love many other albums by many other people , but this tops my chart.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Another vote for RUSH 2112. Can't go wrong with Zep, ZZ Top, or Pink Floyd. Man, I'm impressed with all the great choices I see on this thread.

Shoutout to BigT- Ride the Lightning is def one of my faves

Front 242's Front by Front or Tyranny for You
Skinny Puppy's Last Rights or The Process
Nitzer Ebb's That Total Age
System of a Down- Mesmerize/Hypnotize
I'll have to review the thread. I don't remember specific albums but you mention two of the artist's we discussed in chat. Nitzer Ebb and Front 242. Add KMFDM to that. When I went clubbing in the late 1990s some of their stuff was played at retro night. I vaguely remember dancing and drinking!

Way too many, but here's one at the top of the list, Jonas Hellborg/Shawn Lane/Apt. Q-258 - Temporal Analogues Of Paradise.

Probably The Rolling Stone's 'Exile on Main St.'

that album will take you down and then bring you out through your troubles...

plus "Let it Loose" is probably Jagger's finest vocal effort ever

Great freaking choice. "Monkey Man" always gives me happy feet.

I have to throw in Hot Rocks mainly because it's a double--twice the 'Stones. That has to be a good thing.

Always had a soft spot for Humble Pie's Smokin'. The song "30 days in the hole" gets me in the mood for rowdiness.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

(I'm not just saying this because its a hot pepper forum... this is really my favourite!)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

(I'm not just saying this because its a hot pepper forum... this is really my favourite!)
No way! That album is right up there on my list too!

I remember getting in piles of shit in grade 4 for writing "suck my kiss" all over the blackboard..... :lol:

Back