• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest January is Chopped

The first secret ingredient should start with...

• A

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • B

• C

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • D

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • E

• F

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • G

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just make your own wine with peppers in the secondary

takes 2 months, makes 30 bottles at a cost of around 2 - 3 dollars a bottle, and the wine quality is that of a 15-20 dollar bottle you would buy at the liquor store

Well, I just infused a Moscato with some dried Fatalii pods in fewer than 4 hours and it's freakin' hot already. I did add 6 pods to about a cup of wine though, as a test and the heat transfer was very fast and produced a nice flavor with a good Fatalii bite. I already strained the pods from the wine as it had reached a happy heat level of burn.

jesus man, thats a fuckload of peppers for just a cup

I did 3 peppers in 750ml's man, you did 6 peppers in a quarter of that

no wonder it infused that damn fast

You boys are funny - freakin' hilarious even. 3 whole pods in a 750 ml bottle is usually sufficient, and dried pods do seem to infuse much faster than fresh or even frozen pods, regardless of the amount of alcohol.

Wheebz - I want know just what the definition of "f*load" is....... just how do you measure one of those??? :lol:

Here's what's inside the basket:

Cornish hen
Melba toast
Swiss chard

You can do anything with these ingredients. If you've seen Chopped you know the idea is to create one harmonious entree and not just use the ingredients as is. You can also use any other ingredients (the pantry) but must showcase the listed ingredients and not bury them with other flavors. You must use at least one hot pepper in any form.

A teaser pic will be mandatory in this one as we need to see the ingredients whole.

That's all for now. Shop! You cannot start yet, there is still proof of life!

I can see many possibilities here but please no not suggest them, let's see how innovative the entrees will be without suggestion!

M
MM
MMMM
MMMMMMMM

Damn, can't even get the M-word out of my mouth....... M???????

Okay - you da boss!

Hmm I can get the first one easy, The second i can both buy and make easy... but damn the 3rd I has a ton of that before things froze solid.(And many colors of it too) Not sure if I can get any from the grocery store here.(That being the reason I started growing it) But I haven't checked in years. The combo does hold potential though.

Melba toast... Where did you find this one Dan? LOL.

Many chefs will know Cornish hen as poussin from their, as TB will say, skirt wearing Froggy learnings.

There are a f'iretruc'k load of possibilities with this one. Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back