• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple issues solved. Went and bought a temp gauge and made a pizza peel after going to multiple stores and coming out empty handed. Next attempt should go better. Temp is holding steady at 550 degrees right now.

Attachments

• 20160904_171307.jpg
    20160904_171307.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 71
Crazy Cajun Alfredo Shrimp and Crawfish Pizza
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cup 00 flour
yeast
sugar
1.5 cups of water
Sift the flour together and add the water to which the yeast and sugar had been added together 20 minutes previously. Let it rise for a couple of hours then bag it and put it in the fridge overnight.

The sauce
1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
16 oz of Kraft Parmesan & Romano Cheese
8 slices of Provelone Cheese
6 tbl. Of extra virgin olive oil
sprigs of thyme, italian oregano and greek oregano
heat it all together to make the sauce

Peel 1 lb of 16/20 shrimp
1 lb of crawfish
1 red and 1 green bell pepper (roast and cut into slices)
fresh Thai basil from the garden
1 globe of garlic cut into slices
¼ red onion diced

put some olive oil on the pan, sprinkle with flour and spread out the dough.

Spread the heated sauce to the sides of the dough

Add the shrimp in concentric circles and fill in with crawfish and garlic. Add the slices of bell pepper alternating red and green. Sprinkle with red onion. Place basil leaves on top. Shake some garlic powder and a little salt on top.

Heat the grill to 450f and put the pizza on for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Is it pizza yet???? No, but the crusts are now pre-baked. This took a certain amount of experimentation - how much dough to use, put it in as a ball or semi-flattened, time, etc. I will say this much - while the texture is spot-on (it IS a basic serious Neopolitan dough, after all), I won't go this route again. It took a lot more effort and time than I really wanted it to, and now I have flour all over my back porch... the chairs on the back porch.... my camera. Speaking of which, my camera is water-proof, but I guess I'll find out soon enough if it's flour-proof! 

dough.jpg

crust.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back