• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggplant Pepper Mushroom Pizza, with an Desert Pizza of Apple Orange Marmalade :)

3 cups Buckwheat flour sourdough hydrated 4 days. Added yeast today.
2 Red Bell Peppers and Eggplant fried in pan.
1 Eggplant sliced covering the top of the dough, covered with spices, De Arbol peppers, Oregano, Cumin and dried Brown mushrooms.
Added fried peppers and eggplant on top of that.
Covered all that with Canned Roma Tomatoes.
And I forgot to add the cheese, as Im typing I remember, but it taste awesome without.
Topping a bit heavy so the crust was compressed but still tasted good and chewee.

Desert Pizza
Same Dough
Sliced up apples, added Cinnamon, added the Orange Habanero Marmalade, baked 475f
Desert dough shows good form :)

Sorry about presentation, I was rushed and the Kitchen a mess :)

P1100247_Ingredients-1000_zpstdjacilu.jpg

P1100249_Pizza-1000_zps937uq2ut.jpg

P1100250_PizzaDesert-1000_zpsij671fff.jpg

P1100253_Pizzas-1000_zpskufhgsy3.jpg

P1100255_PizzaDesert-1000_zpsf9efrbbe.jpg

_9035682_PizzaCut-1000_zpswp4dseqo.jpg

Please separate those entries thank you.

grantmichaels said:
Another round of fitness training for Hermione again tonight, after another one this morning ...so, a fourth iteration now ...

047af7a53f916c683a498f2015121cfc.jpg

She should be raring to go come morning ...
Lol I just had one of those earlier.

grantmichaels said:
Another round of fitness training for Hermione again tonight, after another one this morning ...so, a fourth iteration now ...

047af7a53f916c683a498f2015121cfc.jpg

She should be raring to go come morning ...
Hermione's full-on nao ...

984d6beb7ff882bd74ccd7dafb4e64b9.jpg

She's accomplishing more production in five hours time than she did in 12-16 hrs to begin with ...

Just threw those in the fridge to slow them down for while I sleep ...

grantmichaels said:
Hermione's full-on nao ...

984d6beb7ff882bd74ccd7dafb4e64b9.jpg

She's accomplishing more production in five hours time than she did in 12-16 hrs to begin with ...

Just threw those in the fridge to slow them down for while I sleep ...
Is that your dough or just the starter culture? Looks so spongy squishy I just want to play with it

grantmichaels said:

yuuup ...

part of the strategy of waiting until the end is knowing if it's worth expending effort at all :rofl:

i'm about to make waffles, and i'm drinking mad beerz and watching the Gator game tonight  - that much i know ...

Hermione is here for me, though ... so we'll see if i get my act together tomorrow or Monday ...

there's lots of time yet ... but i'm in vacation mode ... and right now it's waffle time ...

wow.. what a difference a few days make.     WFO  FTW turns into waffle time.      Promising BD and then we get a game of JTT.    :liar:rofl:  :rofl:

JayT said:
JayT's Big Green Neaopolitan

Ingredients:

Dough:  1 cup AP flour, 1 cup 00 Caputo flour, 1/2 cup warm water, 2 1/4 teaspoons self rising yeast, olive oil, salt
San Marzano crushed tomatoes 1/2 of a 28oz can give or take with a generous sprinkling of Habapeno powder onto the sauce.
6oz fresh mozzarella cheese plus a sprinkling of shredded mozza and provolone towards the end of cooking.
Torn fresh basil.

I had a little bit of an adventure, I got the fire going nicely and everything was cool, I was about to assemble the first pizza when I realized I forgot the basil and had to go back to the store.  While I was gone, I left the top off the Egg.  When I got home it was 1200F so now I know exactly how to get that perfect searing heat out of this thing.  Problem is, now it is WAY too hot for my pizza stone.  I had to wait quite a while for it to cool down to 700F.  I honestly didn't time it, rather I did it by sight.  I would say it was maybe 3 minutes. The pictures pretty much say it all.

attachicon.gif
20160902_170209.jpg

I really liked the last  two pictures.   Was there  two different pizzas in you entry?    the crust seems thinner in these pictures than the first few.  I normally am not a margherita fan , but I would goon that in a heatbeat. 

Edit:  Just noticed Double Post fail.    :shame:

Sweet Heat Apple Crumb

Dough

• 675 grams Flour
  • 12 grams Diastatic Malt Powder
  • 365 grams warm Water
  • 24 grams Salt
  • 2 grams Instant Dry Yeast
  • 275 grams Active Starter Culture
  • 16 grams Oil
  • 16 grams Sugar

Mix water, yeast and starter culture and set aside.  In a bowl put the rest of the ingredients, then add the water mixture.  Mix with the paddle attachment of a KitchenAid for 1 minute on a low speed.  Rest it for 5 minutes.  Mix again for 1 minute at medium speed.  Immediately stretch and fold the dough on a floured surface and then rest it for 5 minutes.  Repeat this process of folding and resting until the dough has been folded 5 times.  After the last fold, scale and ball the dough.  This makes 4 dough balls approximately 350 grams each.  

Apple filling

• 3 Honeycrisp apples diced
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Rocoto Lima Mkt and 1 Cumra Cherry pepper minced
  • cinnamon
Melt butter in a saucepan then add in apples.  Let the apples cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.  Add brown sugar and cinnamon and continue to stir.  They are done when the liquids start to thicken and get candy like.  About 15 minutes.

Crumb mixture

• 1/2 stick butter melted
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Combine all dry ingredients and whisk til everything is incorporated.  Add melted butter and with a fork mix everything until the mixture absorbs all the butter.  Put in fridge for 5 minutes to harden

Pizza Assembly

Stretch dough and put a layer of the apple mixture.  Sprinkle crumb mixture on top.  Bake at 500f for approx 8 minutes.  Let pie completely cool then garnish with powdered sugar.  

IMG_6879.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG

IMG_6882.JPG

IMG_6894.JPG

IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6898.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

This one is a keeper.  It was great yesterday and even better this morning with a nice cup of coffee.  

Ashen said:

wow.. what a difference a few days make.     WFO  FTW turns into waffle time.      Promising BD and then we get a game of JTT.    :liar:rofl:  :rofl:
I wasn't feelin' it (or much of anything yesterday) ...

First I didn't go to sleep on Thursday night though, because I was working ... then I slept doubly-long Friday night ...

Also, the main reason I decided to do it at all was wanting to finally try making cheese, but the storm made the rural town next to us inaccessible ...

I'm in, though ... I've got a pie or two in me ... I'm just pivoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back