• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Got up this morning and checked on my babies. Had my first hook up. 7 pot chocolate that I put in the towel for a couple days prior to planting.

Didn't have time to take a pic and post it before work, but that will be the first thing I am doing when I get home this afternoon!!!

Nice! That's a great one to put in the "germinated" column. I love those rooting plugs. So easy.

Nice! That's a great one to put in the "germinated" column. I love those rooting plugs. So easy.

Thank you. I think I may experiment more with germing them then putting them in the plugs if they are going to pop so much faster. Had some take two weeks last year. Perhaps the rooting plugs are aiding in that time as well.

And here they are. Got another one that popped up, and of course, helmet head. Need to make sure they are down enough to try to rub them off, but with these seeds being already started, I didn't want to push my luck.

SeedSprout1.jpg

SeedSprout2.jpg

Wow that didn't take long.......Is the plan to use plain water until the 1st transplant or will you use a highly diluted Kelp of Fish emulsion to move them alon ?

And here they are. Got another one that popped up, and of course, helmet head. Need to make sure they are down enough to try to rub them off, but with these seeds being already started, I didn't want to push my luck.

SeedSprout1.jpg

I got a tip from someone on here who said to tear a small piece of the rooting plug off and stuff it in the hole. As the hook pushes through it, it will pull off the helmet head.

I started about 16 more rapid rooters a week ago and have no helmet heads yet. Of course, not many have hooked yet, just the annums.

Wow that didn't take long.......Is the plan to use plain water until the 1st transplant or will you use a highly diluted Kelp of Fish emulsion to move them alon ?

Just going to use plain tap until transplant. That's the only way I have ever done it and they have always turned out okay for me.

Hi Bodeen
8 days to hooks is fantastic! May the rest of your crop be as cooperative...

Thanks. I am getting so impatient with the other seeds. I have selective memory about prepping those chocolates and think they all should be popping now lol.

Hi Bodeen!!!

Your list is great... Wish you luck on all seeds.

See you... Flávio.

Thank you. Hope you have the best of luck this year as well.

Nice! Moving along there!

Thank you. Always a tough time waiting on hooks.

New hooks are up. Third 7 pot chocolate is hooking up. Looks like a seed, but the hook is there.

Also the White Habanero has it's first hook up. 5 days from a dry seed to a hook. Liking these plugs. Especially if everything starts popping now.

7PotChoc3Hooks.jpg

WhiteHab1stHook.jpg

The red bhuts that I threw into a paper towel and zip lock and placed on top of the grow table is starting to pop now too. Got 6 plugs ready for them. Not sure what I will be doing with 6 red bhut plants, but I am sure I will find a use.

Been looking for you glog Bodeen..had a look the other day and forgot to press the follow and then couldn't find it again. Have now click the follow button and strapped in for the ride bud. Can't wait to see that grow room of yours stuffed with green foliage! Good luck dude and keep the pics a'coming!

+1

Jamaican Yellow is hooking!!! I moved the three 7 Pot Chocolates out from under the dome and when I did, I noticed they all had a root out the bottom of the plug. These things will have root tonage by the time they are ready for potting up.

Will wait until I have few more up before I start picture posting. Can't post each birth lol.

Got a package in the mail today. Thank you Melissa77754 for the Peach Bhuts, Black Scorpion, and the Chocolate Scotch!!! I think I will get them soaking in the morning for some weekend planting!!!

Couldn't wait, started soaking seeds tonight :)

Grow List Part Two. Terrible news, I can't find my Biker Billy seed. How does this happen :(

4 Budapest
2 Biggie Chile
3 Big Bomb
3 Cherry Bomb

2 Paper Lantern
2 Lemon Drop
2 Red Savina
1 Fatalii x Red Savina
1 Fatalii

1 Peter Orange
1 Hawaiian Sweet Hot
1 Rainforest
1 Czech Black
1 Black Hung
1 Aji Chinchi Amarillo
1 Aji Dulce #2
1 Aji Amarillo
1 Datil
1 Fish
1 Chenzo
1 Cajun Belle
1 Donne Sali
1 Thai
1 Tepin
1 Santa Fe
1 Cascabella

1 Goliath Jalapeno
1 Purple Jalapeno
1 Biker Billy :(

1 Cayenne Purple
1 Cayenne Orange
1 Cayenne Yellow
1 Cayenne Giant Red
6 Cayenne Chocolate

2 Black Scorpion Tongue
3 Chocolate Scotch
2 Serrano Tamp.

The good news is this is only 57 of my 72 cell tray, so I might make some additions or double up on some varieties.

Back