• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

ExtremeBurn's Grow Log 2009

You definitely got a good thing going there EB, great work man. The plant in the close up looks great, almost like it's content with life. Got to dig that!

lavish said:
Extremely nice setup, looks clean as hell and i hope my seedlings im about to start for the spring-summer season will be in the same division as yours. Keep us updated :)

Thanks lavish! And good luck with your seedlings... I will def keep ya'll updated

It's been about a week since my last update (5 days) so I figured I'd add some more pics so show the progress. The seedlings really hit a growth spurt over the past few days.

Everything
001-3.jpg

Orange Habs, Jalapenos, Hot Lemon
003-2.jpg

Jalapenos, Hot Lemon
002-2.jpg

My super hots are just starting to get their first true set of leaves, so I'll be transplanting them to 3.5" pots probably this weekend.

Lookin' real nice ExtremeBurn! It is so worth the expense when you start to see plants take off under a HID. You better have a big yard to put all those plants. Only 4 or so will fit in the tent when they mature.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Lookin' real nice ExtremeBurn! It is so worth the expense when you start to see plants take off under a HID. You better have a big yard to put all those plants. Only 4 or so will fit in the tent when they mature.

haha... I'm selling most of them. I'll be putting some outside in the garden and keeping some inside. Yeah, the HID was definitely worth the expense!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
It is so worth the expense when you start to see plants take off under a HID.

Yea I think I am going to have to invest in one next season. It is a bit frustrating relying on the sun during the seedling stage. It makes growth erratic. For example, I had a tray of annums and the like germinating. Today has been sunny but the past three have been cloudy. As a result, the seedlings are a bit leggy. This problem will be easily solved when I pot up but it still illustrates the problems of inconsistancy.

ExtremeBurn said:
haha... I'm selling most of them. Yeah, the HID was definitely worth the expense!

That's pretty cool. You will help pay off some of your gardening expenses.

Josh said:
Yea I think I am going to have to invest in one next season. It is a bit frustrating relying on the sun during the seedling stage. It makes growth erratic. For example, I had a tray of annums and the like germinating. Today has been sunny but the past three have been cloudy. As a result, the seedlings are a bit leggy. This problem will be easily solved when I pot up but it still illustrates the problems of inconsistancy.

When I was using fluoro's my seedlings would get really leggy too... I had the light too high above them. But like you said the nice part about it is you can correct it when you plant out. I'm gonna do the same with my tomatoes. I know people that plant out 2 or 3 times planting deeper each time. Allows for a nice root system to get established.

lee said:
Looking good there. What distance do you keep between the HID and the plants?

I have it set at 3ft above the seedlings right now and it's working great. I know some who put them closer, but I'm getting great results at this height. Nice and compact

lee said:
What setup do you use, Lights, size of the tent?

thx for answering :)

Np.... i have the Sun Hut XL Silver tent and a 400W Convertible Hydrofarm MH/HPS Ballast with the DayStar reflector for lighting.

Time for another update! Everything seems to be coming along really great... I had to toss out a couple ill looking seedlings, but other than that all is well. Here are a couple pics from today:

Hot Lemon and Orange Habs
001-4.jpg

Jalapeno
003-3.jpg

I'm planning on potting up some of my super hots tomorrow. I'll post some more pics tomorrow!

Looking good EB, I thought you were a newbie! Who was the source for those square pots and holders? I really like those.

Back