• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

ExtremeBurn's Grow Log 2009

So much growth in only one week. I am so happy to see others with a HID grow light and nice plants. Everyone wants to know how to grow beautiful healthy thick stem seedlings, well it's the grow lamp. Why buy a shelf and 10 shoplights when you can have the real deal. Less energy used and the healthier plants. I don't even want to think about what my plants might look like with just floro lighting. Well done.

bigt said:
Looking good EB, I thought you were a newbie! Who was the source for those square pots and holders? I really like those.

Thanks bigt... I am a newbie haha! This forum is a great source of knowledge though, so I can't take any credit lol. I picked the square pots up from Menards... Planters Pride makes them. They're around 3 bucks for 18 of them and the holder.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
So much growth in only one week. I am so happy to see others with a HID grow light and nice plants. Everyone wants to know how to grow beautiful healthy thick stem seedlings, well it's the grow lamp. Why buy a shelf and 10 shoplights when you can have the real deal. Less energy used and the healthier plants. I don't even want to think about what my plants might look like with just floro lighting. Well done.

Thanks PRF! I'm so happy I broke down and got one! I can't believe how fast they are growing... it's nuts!

looks like your newbieness is wearing off...great looking plants...

McGoo said:
Good work. Im jealous, even though its still warm and suny here, I want grow lights.

you want grow lights, and i want to live somewhere warm! haha, thank man

AlabamaJack said:
looks like your newbieness is wearing off...great looking plants...

Thanks AJ... It def helps to have knowledgeable people like you around to learn from!

ExtremeBurn said:
Thanks bigt... I am a newbie haha! This forum is a great source of knowledge though, so I can't take any credit lol. I picked the square pots up from Menards... Planters Pride makes them. They're around 3 bucks for 18 of them and the holder.

Thanks EB! I went to the PP website and checked them out. Very nice.

Alright guys... I was wasting some time looking over my plants and noticed that just about all of my Jalapeno plants are starting to bud. This is way sooner that I expected! Pinch right?

001-5.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic

I am no expert, so hopefully one will chime in, but I'd pinch. I had a Jalapeno I put out last year, and it was about the size of yours. Planted it into the garden late June/early July or so, and didn't pinch the first buds. That sucker set fruit on the first 3 buds it made, and never grew another inch or flowered again.

Bad example perhaps, as it was a shitey time to plant it, but you get the point.

FiveStar said:
I am no expert, so hopefully one will chime in, but I'd pinch. I had a Jalapeno I put out last year, and it was about the size of yours. Planted it into the garden late June/early July or so, and didn't pinch the first buds. That sucker set fruit on the first 3 buds it made, and never grew another inch or flowered again.

Bad example perhaps, as it was a shitey time to plant it, but you get the point.

lol... right now most of them have like 5 or 6 buds, the plants seem to small right now. i think i'm gonna pinch, it's plenty early in the season. thanks for your input!

No problem man, but like I said, read my post count. This is the first year I've even started seeds, so YMMV!

Beautiful plants though Bro. You make me want an HID really bad.

Back