misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

imaguitargod said:
Levitation is awesome. The brewmaster was baffled when he brewed it and everything was said and done. Appearently hes said "I.......I created a session beer?!?!?!?!" true story. :lol:

The Harpoon Red is ok, a bit too much carmalized malts, but good. The Leviathan is AWESOME! Nice an foresty/citrusy hop notes to it.

Having a PBR (shudder) before lunch today.
You do mean the purple Leviathan right? I've had the blue and it was great.

Stock at home ready to drink:
Stone Pale
Stone Leviathan
Stone Vertical Epic 7/7/07
Stone Vertical Epic 8/8/08
Weyerbacher Quad
Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot
Weyerbacher Old Heathen
Weyerbacher Merry Monks
Weyerbacher Foxtrot
Homebrew kit IPA
immature homebrew "englebretsen trappist"
Honey Moon (for my lady)
Guinness Extra Stout
Dogfish Head 90min
Trappistes Rocheforte 6
also got a bottle of Jager and a bottle of Ketel One in the freezer.

I'd say i'm well stocked! Who's stopping by?

ashes-mens-400.jpg

i plan on drinking a bunch this weekend. took off on thursday and friday is the holiday paid day off. 4 days of nothing to do. i like that. i'm even gonna brew a batch of beer.

i'll post up in my brewthread, but so far it'll be the malt extract i mentioned, the quinoa i'm about finished malting, some other stuff too. i'm aiming for a Red Ale with possibly a hint of smoke, maybe in the form of chipotle, but likely not. It'll be cloudy due to the high protein content of the quinoa. If it turns out alright i'll be called Jersey Red, if in fact it ends up red. i expect it might.

ok calling all beer snobs, also :cough cough: IGG LOL
I know you've said plenty of info about storing beer for future use, & I only remeber so much of it.

I'd like to save a couple cases of the 250 guinness stout for later since it doesnt have a stupid plastic plug in it.

DSCF2836.jpg

whats the ideal temps or conditions to save for future use ? & whats the ideal time frame for a beer like this to reach its full potental ?

I'm not much of a beer snob that saves beers but these I'd like to try & experience their fulll flavor etc....

chilehunter said:
whats the ideal temps or conditions to save for future use ? & whats the ideal time frame for a beer like this to reach its full potental ?

I'm not much of a beer snob that saves beers but these I'd like to try & experience their fulll flavor etc....

50-70 Degress is the best temps, keep it out of light. Try one in a year to see how it's progressing.

Finished a bottle of Stone Pale Ale and currently working on a glass of Guinness Extra Stout.

I plan on drinking today. Vacation has begun. No work til Monday. :)

Just cracked open a bottle of Stone Vertical Epic 7-7-07. holy freakin ginger! this is one heavily aromatic brew. supposed to be a tripel/saison hybrid. all i know is i've never tasted anything like it.

One of my favorite beers ever Fine. I think today might see a couple of Midas Touch and some Raison d' Etres.

JayT said:
One of my favorite beers ever Fine. I think today might see a couple of Midas Touch and some Raison d' Etres.
not sure i'd want it again myself, but i enjoyed it. i had it before bedtime and i have to say i felt NO pain by the time i finished it. :lol:

I had some good ones today, Double Dead Guy Ale, Stoudt's Fat Dog Stout on nitrous, Green Flash' West Coast IPA. Yummy yummy.

Back