misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

imaguitargod said:
Enjoying a surprisingly uncomplex Stone 13th anniversery Ale

Yeah that one is REALLY good. I am a big fan of Stone Brewery! I thought it had decent complexity but the smoothness of it made it a tad harder to discern.

Just finished an Old Rasputin XII ...bourbon barrel aged OR from North Coast.. It was very good! Just like I expected it I guess. A little bit stronger at 11.2% also a bit more expensive. I plan on buying some more to age, and some more to drink for instant gratification! :lol:

Now I'm drinking this Norwegian Imperial Stout...the brewing co is called Nøgne ø had their IPA last night...they make some great beers! Kinda surprised that they seem a little more in line with the American styles of these beers than the British versions..particularly the IPA. There is still a bottle of their porter in my fridge that I can't wait to try.

Well last night i drank two generic beers and then about 8 shots of moonshine mixed with fruit juice.
I woke up at 2:30am on the lounge with a un-touched drink in front of me!
I love moonshine :P

Novacastrian said:
Well last night i drank two generic beers and then about 8 shots of moonshine mixed with fruit juice.
I woke up at 2:30am on the lounge with a un-touched drink in front of me!
I love moonshine :P

Funny you say that... haha I am not a huge fan of that one. Nothing to do with moonshine, I just mean waking up on the couch and finding a full drink you just made sitting there. :lol:

I love Shine. A quart sitting on the shelf staring me down every evening when we eat dinner. My little borther is coming over tomorrow to play some guitar hero and I think we are going to try and polish off a quart. ha ha ha ah. Times will be fun.

I like moonshine too! You can pour out the juice in a jar of maraschino cherries and fill it back up with 'shine, give it a few weeks, then eat them. They are HOTT!!!

Right now it's Cruzan Navy blackstrap rum with a slice of lime. Wash away the pain.....

moonshine is good!!!!!!! I'm drinking a blended 5 year old 100 proof whiskey (homemade) mixed with pepsi right now... I cracked the hobby barrel on Wensday adn have been drinkin it ever since. very good....2 liter hobby barrel and it's almost gone........

Shared a few beers with some friends on Sunday:

Mikkeller "It's Alive"
Victory "Wild Devil"
Monk's Cafe "Flemish Sour Ale"
Weyerbacher "Double Simcoe IPA (bottle conditioned)"
Otter Creek "Imperial IPA"
Stone "13th Anniversary"
Orkney "Dark Island Reserve"

The "It's Alive" was fantastic and reminiscent of Orval. Wild Devil was funkier, though, and it is definitely a cool offering from Victory who normally sticks to more traditional styles. If you've had Duchesse and Rodenbach, the Flemish Sour Ale seems to be a compromise of the two, but never a replacement for Rodenbach in the Flemish Red category. The Double Simcoe IPA was a real stand-out for the day. I am not always a fan of the grassiness of simcoe hops, but this beer was lovely. Following such a strong beer with the Imperial IPA from Otter Creek wasn't the best of planning, because it also featured simcoe hops, but the beer was just decent in comparison and dwarfed by Weyerbacher. I enjoyed the 13th Anniversary for the second time, and I have yet to be disappointed by Stone. But the Dark Island Reserve was monumental, and definitely the best stout I've ever had. Apparently, only 300 of these bottles came to the United States, and I was lucky enough to get one. It had the Grolsch type of cap, so we will keep the bottle. They aged this beer in oak casks, and you'd never guess that it was 10% alcohol because of the rich velvety smoothness of it. The only thing that is comparable is the Ola Dubh from Old Harviestoun Brewing. Definitely pricey but totally worth it.

That's quite a list. I love the Double Simcoe. It has become a real favorite of mine. I will have to keep an eye out for some of the others on your list. I'm drinking a Dogfishhead 120min IPA as I type this. Wow is this stuff something!

Holy jeez, I forgot how much I loved Old Fashioneds!!!!!!! Especially with Old Grandad 114 proof!

Drink like it's Friday folks!!!!!

Here's some party goer's from last nights mayhem in the Blues Kitchen. The Taproom was just okay as it was overly sweet. It was dying for more hops to balance out the maltiness. The Pilsner Urquell? Just the standard for all pilsners. Tequila is the chaser for that brewhaha...

IMG_1323.jpg

Salute' ya'll, TB.

Homebrew IPA in Jersey right now. It's a bottling day for me. Bottling up my Inca Pale Ale. A concoction of my own. It's bitter as hell and not for the casual beer drinker. It'll have to age for a long time.

Just cracked a 24oz Mickey's tallboy. Found it at the local grocer today. Haven't had one in forever.
I also have a 24oz Metolius Amber on deck.

Prost! TB.

Back