misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Hmmm going to have to look for that one. I have been Rogue Double Deadguy kick lately. Well, that and Urthel. They make one of those Belgian IPAs that is really good along with a tripel, quad, and a Vlaemese Bock. Good stuff. I think I am going to get drunk tonight. Already headed there.

Burnette? I must have missed that one. You sure do make some good sounding brews Jon. I wish I could get into brewing. I don't have the space or the drive to do it. I always think about it, but never get to it. I just have one of those barrel Mr. Beer set ups, but I've never used it.

JayT said:
Burnette? I must have missed that one. You sure do make some good sounding brews Jon.
Thank! The Senatorial Brunette is my "signature" beer. I've brewed it about 4 times now and it's come out exactly the same each time (something we brewers strive to do).

It's actually the base recipe for a beer that I'm about to bottle, Berry Your Dead. It's a blackbery and blueberry infused beer.

And for your education, here's the beers I've done so far:
8/2008 Passow's Chili Wine
11/7/2008 Passow's Senatorial Brunette (Dark Pale Ale)
11/30/2008 Passow's Imperial Pumpkin (Imperial Pumpkin Ale, 12.1% abv)
1/16/2009 Passow's Stoned Clone Stout (Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout)
1/30/2009 Passow's Senatorial Brunette (Dark Pale Ale)
2/27/2009 Passow's Bourbon Oaked Bell Ringer Brown Ale (Bourbon Oaked Brown Ale...duh)
3/2009-7/2009 Built All Grain Set Up (all beers are all grain from now on)
7/5/2009 Passow's Senatorial Brunette (Dark Pale Ale)
7/19/2009 Passow's Miami Wiess (Hefewiessen)
8/16/2009 Passow's Berry Your Dead (Fruit Beer)
8/29/2009 Passow's Yet To Be Named Belgian Special Dark
And here's the schedual for the future:

9/13/2009 Passow's Wet hop IPA (freshly hopped American IPA)
10/2/2009 Passow's Pumpkin Porter
10/11/2009 Passow's Pumpkin Ale
10/25/2009 Passow's Anti-X-Mas Ale

Ok I would like to say yes. I'd like one of each. You have to have another party next year. Pumpkin Porter! Oaked Brown Ale! Ok for next year, I'd like an Imperial Stout, a Belgian IPA, and a Barleywine. Ok? Oh and a Passow's Famous Pizza.

JayT said:
Ok I would like to say yes. I'd like one of each. You have to have another party next year. Pumpkin Porter! Oaked Brown Ale! Ok for next year, I'd like an Imperial Stout, a Belgian IPA, and a Barleywine. Ok? Oh and a Passow's Famous Pizza.

I definitly want to do a Barleywine. Hey, come on over sometime and help me brew. I'll hook ya up ;)

Drinking this:

S6304155.jpg

Today, drinking some of this:

S6304187.jpg

Iced dark roast coffee w/ a drop of half 'n half, Seagrams's 7, and a splash of Torani Hazelnut.

I call it a Nutjob... :D

Today,they had a sale on about every beer at Albertsons'...plus a LOT of new stuff came in for the new season..Alaskan White, the new DropTop beers, bunch of Belgian and Danish imports, etc.

I settled on this one 'cuz it sounded fun and I love Fat Tire.

New Belgium "1554 Enlightened Black Ale"

S6304288.jpg

Beeradvocate likes it:

BA OVERALL
B+
very good
w/ 764 Reviews

Lotta head, nice lacing, clean and crisp at first then an extremely chocolaty/chicory taste. 5.6% abv, I likey too. :)

uhm...I have been off the beer thing for the past couple of weeks. It seems like I go in Phases and right now, I'm enjoying mixology. Drinking some Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and Coke. yummy!!!

Just got back from a homebrew picnic between two brew clubs. 14 beers on tap, 5 meeds, Defcon ZERO pumpkin pie :hell: and peppers....it was a good night!

QuadShotz said:
Today,they had a sale on about every beer at Albertsons'...plus a LOT of new stuff came in for the new season..Alaskan White, the new DropTop beers, bunch of Belgian and Danish imports, etc.

I settled on this one 'cuz it sounded fun and I love Fat Tire.

New Belgium "1554 Enlightened Black Ale"

S6304288.jpg

Beeradvocate likes it:

Lotta head, nice lacing, clean and crisp at first then an extremely chocolaty/chicory taste. 5.6% abv, I likey too. :)
I hate anyone who has access to New Belgium and Russian River. You, sir, need to send me some Fat Tire STAT! lol I hear so many good things about it.

imaguitargod said:
Beer advocate likes everything. :rolleyes:

lol and you hate everything! ;)

Today i went to the Central Jersey Beer Fest. 7 breweries showed up out of 8 expected. I had JJ Bittings, Uno (yes, the pizza shithole), Tun Tavern, Cricket Hill, Boags, Harvest Moon Brewery, and River Horse. All assorted varieties from each. All had good points, but one. Uno Chicago Shit has the worst brewery in the state of NJ. There, i said it. Their beers sucks ass. I tried two kinds and they sucked. I'd rather drink Natural Light than have a beer from Uno.

What was good? Glad you asked. Cricket Hill could be my new favorite local brewery. They have THE best lager i've ever tasted! It's amazing! The hops/malt ratio was SPOT on and i enjoyed every sip. Their fall harvest offering is simply outstanding. Next to them was Tun Tavern out of Atlantic City (isn't that south Jersey?!) who even brought a lite beer?! They were extremely tasty with their ale and lager. River Horse was good, but let me down not offering their Honey Weizen or anything "different". Boags was good, but not killer. I enjoyed it, but it could hhave been better. Harvest Moon only brought one keg of pumpkin ale, which was gone in an hour. It was good, but not a killer. JJ Bittings didn't offer anything fancy, just their usual offerings. Consistent flavor and quality and very drinkable and the reason i visit whenever i can. It was a good day and i left with 3 new beer glasses.

Right now i'm drinking a Great Divide Belgica; a Belgian style IPA. It's pretty durn good!

Back