misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Got a bottle of Pinkus Dark for the Cowboys game here in a bit. Might have to toast to my boys with a shot of tequila or a duckfart. aaahhh hell! Why not both?

Salute', TB.

lets see 13 beers 2 shots of conde azul..damn 0430 comes early..thank god Im a staff sergeant The joes always hate it when I feel like crap cuz I love doing pt for 2 hours

fineexampl said:
lol and you hate everything! ;)

I know it has a winky emoticon after it, but I felt like addressing it because I'm bored and drinking. :lol:

I would say I only PASSIONETLY hate about 20% of the beers out there at most. I don't enjoy probably another 20-30%, and the reast I quite enjoy.

And speaking of enjoying, I've been drinking Passow's Miami wiess and quite frankly, I need to finsih these off because they are going down hill fast. Damn Hefe's and their portiens that breakdown fast! :lol:

imaguitargod said:
I know it has a winky emoticon after it, but I felt like addressing it because I'm bored and drinking. :lol:

I would say I only PASSIONETLY hate about 20% of the beers out there at most. I don't enjoy probably another 20-30%, and the reast I quite enjoy.

And speaking of enjoying, I've been drinking Passow's Miami wiess and quite frankly, I need to finsih these off because they are going down hill fast. Damn Hefe's and their portiens that breakdown fast! :lol:
fair enough, but i still like your spelling there.

had a god awful Portuguese beer today. my god it was terrible. also had a bottle of Palm, which was nice. Also had Weyerbacher's Harvest whatever and that was very good. Need to not drink the rest o the night. hehe

schlitz just by the name sounds bad, but i have heard good things about the reissue of it. not true passow? i'd believe your beersnob ass over beeradvocate.

fineexampl said:
schlitz just by the name sounds bad, but i have heard good things about the reissue of it. not true passow? i'd believe your beersnob ass over beeradvocate.

Well, the last incarnation of Schlitz was really, really, REALLY bad. I haven't had the reissued 60's formula stuff yet, so i have no opinion of it.

fineexampl said:

Here's my review of it that actually got taken down off BA:

Ugh, Schlitz...there was a reason they stopped making this many years ago, why they brought it back is beyond me. This tastes, and looks, like your typical macrobrew that no one takes time in crafting. Overly sweet malts right up front with no hop profile what-so-ever. Tastes like watered down pee, not very carbonated either.

If this is the beer that made Milwaukee famous...then that's pretty sad. At least Ohio has the Wright Brothers, Rock And Roll, and the Browns...ok, maybe the Browns aren't the best example....

~Jonathan Passow

imaguitargod said:
Overly sweet malts right up front with no hop profile what-so-ever. Tastes like watered down pee, not very carbonated either.

So it's just like the way i remember Schaefer beer then? Cool.

imaguitargod said:
Here's my review of it that actually got taken down off BA:

Ugh, Schlitz...there was a reason they stopped making this many years ago, why they brought it back is beyond me. This tastes, and looks, like your typical macrobrew that no one takes time in crafting. Overly sweet malts right up front with no hop profile what-so-ever. Tastes like watered down pee, not very carbonated either.

If this is the beer that made Milwaukee famous...then that's pretty sad. At least Ohio has the Wright Brothers, Rock And Roll, and the Browns...ok, maybe the Browns aren't the best example....

~Jonathan Passow

That bad huh? Sounds like a relabled Schmidt. Then again....you could also call it just plain old Shlitz or better yet....Falstaff!

Salute',TB.

This post is for the beer i wish i was drinking right now. I seriously hate my job. This is the kind of job where i dream of drinking at around 9:30am. I'm not a heavy drinker, so this is bad. :(

If i could, i'd be pouring a nice wheat beer right now. That or a bottle of Orval would make me happy. Oh man i have been dreaming of Orval lately. Almost bought a bottle the other day, but decided to save the $5 and finish the cheap stuff before i bought better stuff. Just that bubbly leather taste and aroma and different yeast in there (i refuse to spell it). Oh or maybe an Oaked Arrogant Bastard to wake my ass up would rule about now. Yeah, nothing like a $15 sixpack to make ya giggle.

:(
i hate being at work.

JayT said:
Finally had my Vertical Epic, not bad, but nothing compared to '07.
Really? I liked it more than the 07. although, the 07 was more hoppy Stone-ish, the 09 is less hoppy Stone-ish.

Just opened up a large bottle of Passow's Berry Your Dead...and OMG, it's ready and fantastic! My goal to make a fruit beer tolerable to men has worked!

Back