misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

xgrafcorex said:
i really liked that blackout stout. wish i could find it around here. we got to go on overnight/off-base liberty last night. we also were authorized to drink alcohol..so i had my first beer since April 12th! it was awesome. :D looked up some stores on BA before heading out and went to one of them. picked up some victory hop wallop, stone russian imperial stout, and stone arrogant bastard. we also walked around downtown newport to a couple bars to have food and drinks. can't wait till next weekend..going to check out some different places. there are actually a couple brewpubs here which are on the list of things to do.

Hey Xgrafcorex how's it going? You just named some of my favorite beers there. Victory is only about 45 min from me so I have a lot of their stuff. Stone has become one of my favorite breweries in the fast year. That Russian Imperial stout is awesome. Take care and drink 'em when you can.

I could post pics of me and 4 Hooter girls now...but i choose not to. ;)

Ahhh, the waiting...

Oh, and the gals at teh regular 'tubs' were frekin hot too. Most photogenic too.

Ah, as it sits, I do hav bourbon, got (aussie) wine, got beer. ;)

imaguitargod said:
JW Dundee just revamped their labels and dropped the "JW" from their name. Regardless, their Honey Brown Lager is still damn tasty.

Ah yes. Honey Brown has long been a staple in the eventual hardening of my liver....

imaguitargod said:
JW Dundee just revamped their labels and dropped the "JW" from their name. Regardless, their Honey Brown Lager is still damn tasty.

Man that brings back memories. That was one of the first beers I drank when I turned 21. I think it had just come out and it was everywhere here. That was 14 years ago. I loved that stuff. I may have to go buy a case now. Haven't had it in years thanks for bringing it up.

JayT said:
PICS PICS PICS!!!! Of both beer and girls!

KK, here ya go...

Hooter's girls...yes that's me on the left.
S6301257.JPG

Super cute beer girl and a gal from EPIC Productions. There were about 8 swimming pools full of drinks and a shots station.
S6301271.JPG

A overveiw of the area.
S6301279.JPG

The view from where I (mostly) sat. This was early on before it got insane down in front.

I spent about 1/2 my time up at the stage and the rest involved beer and women. ;-)
S6301253.JPG

Ok, so I did buy some Dundees tonight. But it is not the Honey Brown alone, it is the Craft Beer Sampler case. I have had only two so far the wheat beer and the Honey Brown. I think the Pale Ale is up next. That will leave the India Pale Ale, the Porter, and some sort of Bock whose name escapes me at the moment. So far so good though.

Ok *edit* I am now through the Pale Ale and the Pale Bock Lager (it is quite good) and I have decided that this case was well worth the purchase. Now for the Porter and the IPA not sure which one will be next. How come this thread is slowing down? Everyone quit drinking? Well since it has passed 700 replies a while ago I would like to say RIP Caplover for starting a great thread.

QuadShotz said:
KK, here ya go...

Hooter's girls...yes that's me on the left.
S6301257.JPG

Super cute beer girl and a gal from EPIC Productions. There were about 8 swimming pools full of drinks and a shots station.
S6301271.JPG

A overveiw of the area.
S6301279.JPG

The view from where I (mostly) sat. This was early on before it got insane down in front.

I spent about 1/2 my time up at the stage and the rest involved beer and women. ;-)
S6301253.JPG

Quad your an intresting man to go for a beer with i see

I.G your a stout man arrr kewl..Had a Cornish storm oat stout last year best stout i ever had and looks like the brewery behind it is finally gonna make more of it in southern Cornwall (polpero)if they bottle it ill send you one :)

'Tis the season for Octoberfest and Fall beers to come out! Just picked up a shit load of beer for the week. I'll post as I drink over the next few days. I just had a Sam Adams October Fest and a Left Hand Marzen (mmmm...two pritty good Marzens in a row).

Currently finishing off 32 ounces of Misississippi Mud Black and Tan. Poured it into my 32 ounce Apline Village Oktoberfest Beer Stein.......mmmmmmmm!

imaguitargod said:
Currently finishing off 32 ounces of Misississippi Mud Black and Tan. Poured it into my 32 ounce Apline Village Oktoberfest Beer Stein.......mmmmmmmm!

ooo stop it! :)

Ha, I have one of those Misississippi Mud Jugs.

Alas, it's just as a display as it was consumed long ago....

Fun stuff.

I personally think that for a pre-mixed black and tan, Mississippi Mud is by far the best.

But, i would still rather have the real deal.

S6301257.JPG

Dude, how fogged up are your speks lol

QuadShots said:

I'm reminded of a quote:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
George Best

:cheers:

Onos

We’ve cracked the midnight glass

And loosed the racketing star-crazed

night into the room

The blind harp sings in late fire-light,

Your hand is decked with white promises.

What wine is this?

There are squirrels chasing in my glass,

Good God! I’m pissed!

- Spike Milligan

Back