misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Oh love Orval. A friend bought me an Orval glass for Christmas so I had to find some beer to drink out of it. I finally did and was it ever good. Too bad I have to drive almost an hour away to get it.

JayT said:
Oh love Orval. A friend bought me an Orval glass for Christmas so I had to find some beer to drink out of it. I finally did and was it ever good. Too bad I have to drive almost an hour away to get it.
The correct glassware plays such a huge part in a beers taste.

Yeah I have a nice little collection of Belgian glasses. Sometimes I make an adventure out of it. Find the glass and then search for the beer to match.

Check out johnsgrocery.com I bet your will find what you are looking for. They have a HUGE selection of beer glassware of all kinds.

JayT said:
Check out johnsgrocery.com I bet your will find what you are looking for. They have a HUGE selection of beer glassware of all kinds.

LOL! They have no goblets for sale....that's the one I'm looking for.

Just finished a Great Lake Brewery Oktoberfest and now am drinking my final Mackesons XXX Stout. I paired it with a small bowl of chocolate ice cream. I usually don't do sweet, but I had a hankering for some and figured why the hell not.

imaguitargod said:
LOL! They have no goblets for sale....that's the one I'm looking for.
Here's some similar to ones my folks got ages ago that are pretty cool.

10908cc1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/SET-OLD-Brillia...oryZ7290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Their goblets are a darker glass, bigger and heavy, but it's the closest I could find.

Ah, I read somewheer that you shouldn't use crystal glasses because most of them contain lead and when alchol is poured into them, it leaches the elad into the drink.

I'm looking for something more gothic and mideavil than that.

Sickmont said:
Pricey, though, but nice. Very nice.

Yeah I know, how expensive! It would seem wrong to pour a glass of cheap Hock in there and after a few of those I'd probably manage to break it or give it away as a present.

rainbowberry said:
Yeah I know, how expensive! It would seem wrong to pour a glass of cheap Hock in there and after a few of those I'd probably manage to break it or give it away as a present.

heh heh heh i was kinda thinking the same way....although when i'm tossed, i don't give sh*t away....i usually just break it

That's why I normally drink out of cans, actually if I'm honest that's also because I don't have a dish washer (not a mechanical one anyway) and I like the taste out of cans, they're a real bummer to knock over though, the beer spreads like lava and seems to have a knack of spilling into the most awkward places.

rainbowberry said:
That's why I normally drink out of cans, actually if I'm honest that's also because I don't have a dish washer (not a mechanical one anyway) and I like the taste out of cans, they're a real bummer to knock over though, the beer spreads like lava and seems to have a knack of spilling into the most awkward places.

Keyboards are a killer :lol:

Back