misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Pool league tonight. The bar we play at is called Doc Holiday's and they have Lancaster Brewing Co beers on tap. This should be a good night.

JayT said:
Pool league tonight. The bar we play at is called Doc Holiday's and they have Lancaster Brewing Co beers on tap. This should be a good night.

Just had one of their beers last night..still have one or two left. It was the Milk Stout. A fairly decent beer, I just had it between some better beers so I wasn't crazy about it. Will be finishing the others tonight or tomorrow so I'll get another chance to give it a go.

Did pick up some Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout...by far my favorite beer from Brooklyn. Grabbed several other beers too, so it should be a good night. One of them that I'm looking forward to and haven't had in a while is Corsendonk Abbey Brown Ale. A great beer. :cheers:

AYe Jay..had beer and pool tonight too, beer was ok, pool was decent. :)

I put my homemade fukny hab sauce in my beer at the bar...whoich promted the WTF are you doing?!

But, it got got foks to eat some ...muhahaha. Irony is, everyone relly liked my Burkina sauce. One guy even said it was "perfect"...

o0. Scary.
Guess I'll have to make more. :twisted:

fineexampl said:
i
While i was there i picked up...
LaChouffeHoublon.jpg

I was talking with the guy who works at the new store of choice and he pointed out a few Belgian brews and suggested this as being a very hoppy ale. He says it has characteristics of a double and triple IPA. I'm still learning the terms a bit, but i know the styles i like.

edit: Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel is a fusion between Belgian Tripels and American Double IPAs. Fittingly, "Houblon" is French for "hop."

You can't go wrong with that. See my post in the "Hop heads unite!" Thread.

The main reason I came to this thread just now was to tell you guys about Lagunitas Lucky 13. It's " A Mondo Large Red Ale" coming in at 8.3% and I've never seen it on sale till I got here. Not sure if it is a limited edition or what. It's a very good beer though and I highly recommend trying it. Not a crap your pants orgasmic beer but a very solid, medium bodied beer with a nice balance of hops and malts. A little hoppier than what I expected honestly.

From left to right: Stone Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (i've heard good things about this one!), Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale, Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Nut Brown Ale, Green Flash Brewing Co.'s West Coast IPA, Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Hop Head Red Ale, Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, and Flying Dog's Dogtoberfest.
IMG_0424.jpg

The bitter chocolate is awesome! It's even better on tap, I've had both and copious anounts of the tap. Actually, I've had all of those. Palo Santo Marron is my favorite.

fineexampl said:
From left to right: Stone Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (i've heard good things about this one!), Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale, Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Nut Brown Ale, Green Flash Brewing Co.'s West Coast IPA, Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Hop Head Red Ale, Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, and Flying Dog's Dogtoberfest.
IMG_0424.jpg

**grabs coat, slams door and heads for NJ...Again**

Jeez, why dont ya'll make a new thread for beer snobbery. ;P

This one is about DRINKIN', not how hoppy yer IPA is.

Bah.

Props on the Arrogant Bastid tho, it's good shit. :)

Its about all things drinking not just good beers, but... hops are part of drinking too. And yes Arrogant Bastard is gooooooood!

I haven't had any of those beers from Green Flash yet.. nor have I had that DFH Palo Santo Marron. Haven't seen that one in fact..what style is it? I agree with IGG, that Stone is really good, though I don't know if I like it more than the Russian Imperial Stout.

Right now I'm having some St. George Brewing Co. Porter. It's pretty decent stuff. I also have a bottle of their IPA that I intend to crack open tonight.

xgrafcorex said:
I haven't had any of those beers from Green Flash yet.. nor have I had that DFH Palo Santo Marron. Haven't seen that one in fact..what style is it? I agree with IGG, that Stone is really good, though I don't know if I like it more than the Russian Imperial Stout.

Right now I'm having some St. George Brewing Co. Porter. It's pretty decent stuff. I also have a bottle of their IPA that I intend to crack open tonight.

Palo Santo Marron is awesome, here's an excerpt from DFH's website on it:

Palo Santo Marron

Availability: Limited Release 12-ounce bottles, 4-packs

Release Date: Monthly releases throughout 2008

Palo Santo Marron (Holy Tree Brown)

An unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented brown ale aged in handmade wooden brewing vessels. The caramel and vanilla complexity unique to this beer comes from the exotic Paraguayan Palo Santo wood from which these tanks were crafted. Palo Santo means "holy tree" and it's wood has been used in South American wine-making communities.

This beer is a 12% abv, highly roasty, and malty brown ale aged on the Palo Santo wood. It was a huge hit at our Rehoboth Beach brewpub when first released in November of 2006, so it's coming back... into full production!

At 10,000 gallons each, these are the largest wooden brewing vessels built in America since before Prohibition.

Click below to watch "Take Time," the short film we released with the first full-production batch of Palo Santo Marron in February 2008.

Thanks. Looks like I may just have to watch that video and then hope to see it on sale at the store here. Don't recall seeing it unfortunately..and I did scan the selection pretty thoroughly.

xgrafcorex said:

JayT said:
Palo Santo Marron is awesome, here's an excerpt from DFH's website on it:

Palo Santo Marron

Availability: Limited Release 12-ounce bottles, 4-packs

Release Date: Monthly releases throughout 2008

Palo Santo Marron (Holy Tree Brown)

An unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented brown ale aged in handmade wooden brewing vessels. The caramel and vanilla complexity unique to this beer comes from the exotic Paraguayan Palo Santo wood from which these tanks were crafted. Palo Santo means "holy tree" and it's wood has been used in South American wine-making communities.

This beer is a 12% abv, highly roasty, and malty brown ale aged on the Palo Santo wood. It was a huge hit at our Rehoboth Beach brewpub when first released in November of 2006, so it's coming back... into full production!

At 10,000 gallons each, these are the largest wooden brewing vessels built in America since before Prohibition.

Click below to watch "Take Time," the short film we released with the first full-production batch of Palo Santo Marron in February 2008.

chuk hell said:
Damnit!

Another Dogfish Head I can't get in Texas.

That;s a fine lineup of kickass brews!
you guys might not agree, but...

i'm about to try this Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron.

right off the bat i will say it has a 12+% abv and smells like alcohol and ass. not a good sign. it also says "malt beverage" and not beer, ale, etc. Not a good sign!

Okay..just took the first sip. Yuck comes to mind.

Yeah, this stuff is garbage. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!:(

-------------------

The Arrogant Bastard i'm presently drinking is the OAKED variety and as i always do when a crack a new flavor open, i sniffed. HOLY CRAP is this stuff strong. Not only strong, but the flavor is amazing! The aroma is very alcohol and hop. The finish is extremely bitter, but in a good way. Not as strong on the hops as something like Victory Hop Wallop, but damn near close. The head on this was huge and it has damn near perfect lacing. The oak aging really does a niceness to this. I'll have to try the non-oaked variety soon. I like this stuff alot.

just cracked the Green Flash Nut Brown Ale. Smells alot like the Palo Santo, but no alcohol and a sweet smell. The head is decent and color is nice and brown. The taste is very very nutty and a hint of hoppiness. I wouldn't buy this again, but it's not too bad. I wouldn't turn it down if given to me freebielike, but again, not my first choice. It does have a fresh note that many would enjoy, but i'm not diggin it a whole lot.

fineexampl said:
you guys might not agree, but...

i'm about to try this Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron.

right off the bat i will say it has a 12+% abv and smells like alcohol and ass. not a good sign. it also says "malt beverage" and not beer, ale, etc. Not a good sign!

Yeah, this stuff is garbage. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!:(

-------------------

The Arrogant Bastard i'm presently drinking is the OAKED variety and as i always do when a crack a new flavor open, i sniffed. HOLY CRAP is this stuff strong. Not only strong, but the flavor is amazing! The aroma is very alcohol and hop. The finish is extremely bitter, but in a good way. Not as strong on the hops as something like Victory Hop Wallop, but damn near close. The head on this was huge and it has damn near perfect lacing. The oak aging really does a niceness to this. I'll have to try the non-oaked variety soon. I like this stuff alot.

Yeah you are right, I don't agree about the DFH, but I do agree about the Arrogant Bastard Oak Aged. I had that twice, LOVE it!

Just finished a beer and am onto a Brooklyne Black Chocolate Stout (have one aging in the basement for this years release).

fineexampl said:
: throws empty glass at FE :

imaguitargod said:
Just finished a beer and am onto a Brooklyne Black Chocolate Stout (have one aging in the basement for this years release).

: throws empty glass at FE :
hey i've suffered through many a harsh disgusting brew. Life's too short to drink something that my senses tell me is the equivelant of motor oil with alcohol. I dumped it and had the Green Flash instead.

How's the Brrooklyn? I havent had a BKLN i didn't like, though i thought the Brooklyn Monster barleywine was just too strong.

Back