misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

fineexampl said:
hey i've suffered through many a harsh disgusting brew. Life's too short to drink something that my senses tell me is the equivelant of motor oil with alcohol. I dumped it and had the Green Flash instead.

How's the Brrooklyn? I havent had a BKLN i didn't like, though i thought the Brooklyn Monster barleywine was just too strong.

:shocked: dumped it? :shocked:

**walks away from computer muttering and confused**

Wow....even if i cant stand it i'll find some way of choking down a sh*tty beer. I just can't handle it when beer gets dumped. Drives me up a wall every time.

Sickmont said:
Wow....even if i cant stand it i'll find some way of choking down a sh*tty beer. I just can't handle it when beer gets dumped. Drives me up a wall every time.

I'm like that when people leave their beer saying its gone a few degrees too warm or lost a few of its bubbles. Heck I'll drink it for ya then.

rainbowberry said:
I'm like that when people leave their beer saying its gone a few degrees too warm or lost a few of its bubbles. Heck I'll drink it for ya then.

eeewwww warm flat beer...thats how the poms like it ..Oh. :D

LOL, no one chooses to have it a bit warm, but some people are really fussy with how cold it has to be. It's not very funny though when you're at a BBQ and pick up someone elses half empty can and find a wasp in it, or worse, that it's been used as a ashtray.

fineexampl said:
How's the Brrooklyn? I havent had a BKLN i didn't like, though i thought the Brooklyn Monster barleywine was just too strong.
It was great. I've had a whole sixer once. Nice a dark, chocolatey. I operfer it out of a Tulip (even though you are supposed to drink it out of a pint glass or mug) b/c it smooths it out a tad bit.

imaguitargod said:
Just stopped by and had two 10 ounce glasses of Great Lakes Barrol Aged Blackout Stout!!!!! MY GOD WAS IT HEAVELY!

STOUT!! now that sounds heavenly will go searching for that :)

I dunno what's going on with Stella Artois. A few weeks ago I saw that the pint sized cans had changed their label and it didn't taste the same at all, then I noticed they'd changed them from 5.2% to 5%. Today I noticed the 440ml cans sold in 4 packs have done the same. I want the old Stella taste, not this stuff :( so I'm buying the big boxes where they've stayed the same.

Happened with a few brands of beer here, too. Check the labels if it says where it's manufactured. Some brands come from different factories and that's obviously affecting the taste!

They are both from the UK. The ones I bought before that are 5% I mixed up with the 'nice' cans hoping I wouldn't notice the difference but I still can.

rainbowberry said:
I dunno what's going on with Stella Artois. A few weeks ago I saw that the pint sized cans had changed their label and it didn't taste the same at all, then I noticed they'd changed them from 5.2% to 5%. Today I noticed the 440ml cans sold in 4 packs have done the same. I want the old Stella taste, not this stuff :( so I'm buying the big boxes where they've stayed the same.

Buy the bottles they taste better :lol:

All the cans say is the UK but why change it after all this time? It's probably our government thinking we drink too much tasty beer that has a higher alcohol content than they'd like in case we might drink a few then have a laugh and maybe say a naughty swear word or something. I like the tinny taste though Talas, plus I don't have to recycle cans in a box outside my driveway like I do with bottles, I can get rid of cans when I want to get rid of them. God the clink and clatter of the bottles when the binmen come to some houses, they're not quiet these binmen, you know the average alcohol consumption of the whole street.

rainbowberry said:
All the cans say is the UK but why change it after all this time? It's probably our government thinking we drink too much tasty beer that has a higher alcohol content than they'd like in case we might drink a few then have a laugh and maybe say a naughty swear word or something. I like the tinny taste though Talas, plus I don't have to recycle cans in a box outside my driveway like I do with bottles, I can get rid of cans when I want to get rid of them. God the clink and clatter of the bottles when the binmen come to some houses, they're not quiet these binmen, you know the average alcohol consumption of the whole street.

Did you see the Sainsburys offer 24 cans for £11.99 :)

Back