misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Slow sippin on a bottle of Stone Double Bastard. I picked up a bottle of 08 Stone Vertical Epic to toss in the closet to age. Also got a bottle of early 08 Stone Old Guardian to sip on at some point. I think Stone to be one of my favorite brewers. I have not met a Stone brew i did not like.

As i sip this, i am cookin up 800 grams of some unknown chile to make a concentrate out of. They're not very hot, but have a nice warm kick akin to a cayenne or tabasco. I'll post up in my test-kitchen thread.

fineexampl said:
Slow sippin on a bottle of Stone Double Bastard. I picked up a bottle of 08 Stone Vertical Epic to toss in the closet to age. Also got a bottle of early 08 Stone Old Guardian to sip on at some point. I think Stone to be one of my favorite brewers. I have not met a Stone brew i did not like.

I've had the Stone Smoked Porter before. It was nice, but needed more body for the flavor it was trying to carry. That was a few years back, probably ought to give another try and see if they've improved.

Pam said:
I've had the Stone Smoked Porter before. It was nice, but needed more body for the flavor it was trying to carry. That was a few years back, probably ought to give another try and see if they've improved.
I think you should. I like a company who's willing to post their recipes on their website. This Double Bastard goes great with chiles too. I have the concentrate in the pressure cooker now and just licked the spatula i used and whatever the hell this pepper is/was, it goes well with the DB.

Pam said:

I've tried the smoked porter twice. Didn't care for it much first time, drank it after an IPA by itself.

2nd time it was badass. Drank it with some good grilled chicken with a savory dry rub. That beer is definitely better when paired with food than it is alone.

Is Double Bastard one of those over hopped beers? I like the malty and roasty beers. Apparently over hopped beers take a penis to appreciate.

Pam said:
Is Double Bastard one of those over hopped beers? I like the malty and roasty beers. Apparently over hopped beers take a penis to appreciate.
I do like overhopped beers, but i would not put DB in that group. I think Stone IPA or Stone Ruination IPA have WAY more hops than DB.

having a DefCon HabbyHorse bloody mary so all is normal for Sunday am....

Broken Halo IPA again, still got 5 left from this weekend's disc golf. This batch tastes a tad off to me, i can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it's still a pretty decent ipa. Just seems to taste differently than other BHs i've had.

imaguitargod said:
Currently almost finished with a bomber of Weyerbacher's Slam Dunkle. Some good stuff.

Hmmm haven't seen that one yet. I will have to pick that up. I am going to be heading to a new local (very small) brewery called the Spring House. I hear that they have a new brew called Double Chocolate Coffee Stout or something like that. :P:P

JayT said:
Hmmm haven't seen that one yet. I will have to pick that up. I am going to be heading to a new local (very small) brewery called the Spring House. I hear that they have a new brew called Double Chocolate Coffee Stout or something like that. :P:P

Oh! Want!

Sounds divine!

Here's my summary of last night's adventures.....
A few of Boulder Beer's Singletrack Copper Ale, some North Coast Old no. 38 Stouts(YUM!!), a few Mad River's Steelhead Double IPAs, and some cheap vodka.

Back