• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii smackdown

Well actually it's from the 13th, just to be fair to members on the other side of the pond. I haven't done anything special to it, just shoved it in some dirt and give it the occasional drink of water. No ferts, nothing. Will be more than interesting to see the comparison when peeps are harvesting peppers from their plants mine will still be in bed reading War and Peace!

Here are mine currently.

Truly is amazing how quickly they grow on you.

The biggest.
IMG_2854.jpg

The rest, last week.
IMG_2848.jpg

The rest this week.
IMG_2856.jpg

Actually great I grow the fatalii this year. Not competing for anything but just wanted to show you mine :)

My 3 week old fatalii (seed planted Februari 2).

I have them on 1.5L pots. Try to keep em small in my mini indoor grow room. Those CFL's do a great job, and they cheap :D.
What lights do you use?

Pepper-Guru said:
Oh gosh, where to start? Try this...go to google.com and literaly type in "free shipping garden supply".

Take your pick.

My google-fu is generally pretty strong, and I've never found potting soils with free shipping unless you were ordering by the pallet or the ton. Googling as you suggested doesn't turn up anything, either. You sure you can't help the poor addled blond lady out by posting a couple of URLs?

Two of them are 6500K and two of them are 4100K. Only have 4 lights on them at the moment, will have two more next weekend.

fineexampl said:
The problem i have with getting soil is that in my area, it's a chore finding potting mixes with no fertilizers added. As of late i've taken to mixing peat with perlite and using organic liquid ferts. Now i did use miracle-gro for my office plants, but that's another story.

The Agway in Morristown sells bales of pro-mix bx with micro...whatever, but it is $29.99 a bale or so.
http://www.agway.com/catalog/home_and_garden/lawn_and_plant_care/other/promix_bx_wmycorise_com_3_8cf

lee said:
Actually great I grow the fatalii this year. Not competing for anything but just wanted to show you mine :)

My 3 week old fatalii (seed planted Februari 2).

millworkman said:
Wow, my small ones are the same age as yours lee. Huge difference though.

wow !

i started on the 15th of January as well and they all look stunted in growth... i dont know whats happened ?

they are way smaller then anyothers planted in mid January..

sighhhh

:(

Josh said:
The Agway in Morristown sells bales of pro-mix bx with micro...whatever, but it is $29.99 a bale or so.
http://www.agway.com/catalog/home_and_garden/lawn_and_plant_care/other/promix_bx_wmycorise_com_3_8cf
Ah, thanks for the tip. I've never heard of Agway before. Apparently there's one 6 miles from me in E. Brunswick.

I moved my fatalii to the next size up in pots yesterday. I think my count was 3 plants? Not sure at the moment. Had a couple bhut jolokia and some others. A total of 10 plants. Not too shabby for my apartment lifestyle. :cool:

Back